Obama speaking at the University of Colorado

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

President Obama has announced that he will be speaking on Tuesday, April 24th at CU.  The event will be at the Coors Events Center and students can get their free tickets starting at 11:00 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday, April 22nd.

Tickets will be distributed in the Glenn Miller Ballroom, located in the UMC.  Students are also required to bring a student ID card to receive the tickets. 

The speech is scheduled for 6 p.m on Tuesday and to enter the venue students must have a valid ID and their signed tickets.

The President plans to discuss student loans and keeping interest rates low in an effort to honor students who are earning their college degrees. The rising cost of college education has been a heated topic on a national level and at CU, the issue has been the root of recent campus protests. Many students are eager to hear what the President has to say.

“It shows that CU Boulder as an institution is on the map and that the student activism on campus is being heard.  It’s exciting that President Obama is addressing the issue of student debt which has reached over 1 trillion dollars this year,” said Martha Obermiller, a junior at CU.

Officials said the number of tickets distributed is limited, therefore, plan accordingly and make sure to stop by the UMC and take advantage of this opportunity.

Elana Starlord is  a junior at the University of Colorado.  She is majoring in Broadcast News and minoring in Technology, Arts and Media.  During her time at CU she has been the social chair of the CU Club Tennis team and a contributing writer for the University's student newspaper.  Elana loves spending time in the mountains, snowboarding and exploring the Colorado outdoors.  Elana spent summer 2011 in LA as a marketing/events intern at Participant Media.  Currently, she is interning at 303 Magazine in Denver and reports annually for the Boulder International Film Festival.  Whenever Elana has spare time she takes advantage of it by traveling with friends and family.