This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

You know that feeling when you find a new favorite song, get overly obsessed with it, and end up listening to it on repeat for a thousand times until you get super sick of it? That basically describes how I’ve been feeling lately― except it’s with all of the songs on my music playlist.

Ever since I started commuting to school, I’ve been listening to a TON of music to entertain myself while I’m stuck in traffic. While it’s fun jamming out to my favorite songs and pretending I’m in a music video, I started getting a little bored of listening to the same music over and over again. That’s when I discovered the hidden world of podcasts.

Up until recently, I didn’t really know anything about podcasts, and I honestly just thought they were boring to the point where it would make you fall asleep (no joke there are actual podcasts solely meant to do this). Right now, you might be feeling the same way as I did, but trust me, there are podcasts of all kinds out there that will fit whatever your heart desires. It’s all about finding the right podcast before you find yourself completely hooked.

If you’re looking for ways to spice up your commute or listen to something fun and entertaining, here are some of my favorite go-to podcasts.

Just a Tip! With Megan Batoon

This podcast will have you cracking up and is seriously too relatable. Every week, Megan Batoon and a different guest give advice on questions sent in by fans. These questions can literally range from any topic―relationships, food, embarrassing stories―you name it!

Whoa That’s Good Ft. Sadie Robertson

Without even meaning to, I find myself saying “Whoa that’s good!” every time I hear a new piece of advice on this podcast. But, seriously it’s just that good. You might recognize Sadie Robertson from her family reality show, Duck Dynasty, or Dancing with the Stars. In every episode, Sadie brings on a famous guest star and asks them for the best piece of advice they’ve ever been given.

The Health Code 

Every time I listen to this, I honestly feel like I’m a third wheeler (but in a good way!) to the couple having their conversations during each episode. It makes me feel as though I am right there and laughing along with them. This podcast is run by Youtuber Sarah Day and her boyfriend Kurt Tilse who share their tips, tricks, and hacks on all things health and fitness. 

ABG- AsianBossGirl

This is probably one of my all-time favorite podcasts because I am in love with its theme of Asian American representation. The podcast centers around Melody Chang, Helen Wu, and Janet Wang who talk about topics that are rarely discussed by Asian women such as relationships and career struggles. As an Asian American female myself, it is so inspiring and refreshing to see a media outlet focusing on the struggles of being Asian American. I legit feel like Mel, Helen, and Janet are the older sisters I never had!

Kalyn’s Coffee Talk

This was the very first podcast that I listened to, and I find this one to be very eye-opening and super relaxing to listen to. The podcast is hosted by Youtuber Kalyn Nicholson and she dives deep into topics that we all could use some help with―self-care, mental health, loving yourself, breaking unhealthy habits―the list just goes on! There’s something about Kalyn’s voice that is so soothing, and I find myself feeling inspired and motivated to go out and change my life every time I listen to her talk. ​

Jessica Nguyen

CU Boulder '21

Jessica is currently a senior at the Leeds School of Business and is majoring in Marketing with a certificate in Creative Technology and Design. She is a big lover of all things art and music, and when she’s not in class or hitting the books, you’ll most likely find her petting other people’s dogs, making a baking disaster in the kitchen, or daydreaming about Paris.
Sko Buffs!