This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

They might not all be the best directed or have an original plot, but I promise you these movies are worth the watch. The best part? They’re all on Netflix.

“The Hangover”

If you haven’t seen “The Hangover” yet, you are seriously missing out. It’s easily one of my favorite movies. Plus, there’s two sequels ready for you once you finish. Zach Galifinaskis brings the ultimate humor, while Bradley Cooper provides some delicious eye candy. Even Mike Tyson makes a special appearance in this action packed comedy.

“American Pie”

This raunchy film should be your top pick if you’re planning on having a hot girl summer. A group of sexually yearning teens make a pact to lose their virginity before they graduate. This movie will definitely get you excited to find a summer fling or it might have you cringing in embarrassment for them. Either way, you’ve got to add this to your pre-summer movie list.

“Mamma Mia!”

The summer aesthetic of flowy bright clothing is a great inspiration for your fits this summer. The island life these characters so humbly reside is a dream vacation spot. Filmed in Greece, every shot will remind you of a relaxing beach day (even if you’ll be spending your summer in Boulder). “Honey Honey” by ABBA will be sure to make your playlist after watching this 2008 masterpiece.

mamma mia three dads
Relativity Media

“Bad Trip”

If you’re planning on being an absolute menace this summer, this movie is for you. Filled with elaborate pranks and filmed in a reality TV style, my stomach was aching from laughing so hard. And, the best part? Every reaction to their pranks is genuine. I can’t help but feel a little bad for the unsuspecting public. Regardless, this is a definite must-watch.

Hopefully one of these films will be your perfect start to a perfect summer. A movie marathon after finals is well deserved, and the movies are already hand picked for you.

Kate Paxton

CU Boulder '26

Kate Paxton is a writer and member of Her Campus Colorado University Boulder. She writes articles covering a variety of topics like wellness, college life, and films. Previously, she was an editor for her high school's newspaper The Mustang, where she oversaw the comedy section and contributed articles. She is currently a sophomore at CU Boulder, majoring in psychology with a pre-health emphasis. In her free time, she enjoys spending quality time with friends and family, binge watching sitcoms, and therapeutically cleaning her room.