Michael Simboski ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Meet Michael, or as most people on campus know him as, Simbo.  Born and raised here right in Boulder’s backyard, this junior international affairs major strutting around in Colorado Lacrosse gear may have more of a story than what you would originally think.

If you’re not in class studying international affairs or marketing, where can we catch you?

You can find me at the gym, eating food at Illegal Pete’s on Pearl (my favorite one), or playing lacrosse on Farrand Field.  I just started a really cool internship as a marketing director, so you can find me collaborating ideas for that.  I also love anything that will give me an adrenaline rush and if it involves my friends it’s even cooler.

By walking across campus, we can’t tell a whole lot about you.  What is something you would want people to know about you that they wouldn’t know at first?

I would want people to know that one of my goals in the next year is to get my solo skydive certification and I love the hip hop culture.  Also yes, I do own more than just lacrosse gear, I just like to be comfortable when I’m going to class.

What is your most embarrassing moment?

One time I took a girl to the Flagstaff star thinking it would be super cute and the perfect date, the girl really wanted to go too. While we were there I tried to take a cute picture but dropped my GoPro and went flying down the side of Flagstaff on the ice after it.  Definitely not my most graceful moment, but she got a good laugh out of it.  Also, I have really small feet.  Sometimes I lie about my shoe size when I go bowling so my friends don’t make too much fun of me.

If money wasn’t an object, where would you live and what would you do with your time?

Oh man! During the winter seasons I would be a heli ski guide in British Columbia and during the summer I would have a big ranch in Montana on the Yellowstone River.  I would have two big male german shepherds.  Basically, I would love to just play all the time.

What’s your favorite quote and why?

“Learn to love what you have been taught to fear”, from Red Bull is one of my favorite quotes.  It means a lot to me because there are things in life that you are supposed to be afraid of but embracing those things and running with them is what really living is.  My other favorite quote is, “No one is going to hit as hard as life, but it doesn’t matter how hard you can hit it’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward “, from Rocky Balboa.  It’s also one of my favorites because it’s all about inner strength, focus, and mindset and if you can fine tune those three things then you will be successful in whatever you do.

Lacrosse is a big time commitment and a tough sport, what motivates you to keep working hard?

Well, I love lacrosse because it’s a medium where I can compete against some other great athletes across America and I have formed some brotherhoods and friendships for life because of it.  My faith is my rock, it’s what I try to use to motivate me through every situation and what I stand on when things get tough in my life.

This may be the biggest question of all, why do you go by Simbo?

I go by Simbo because my last name is Simboski.  My dad went by Simbo and I kind of took the nickname after him.  It’s also just a unique nickname that I really liked.

And to break all of the hearts at the University of Colorado at Boulder…

Relationship status : Taken

Megan Boyles

CU Boulder

Hi there! My name is Megan and I am a junior at CU Boulder and loving every second. I am a marketing major with a technology, arts, and media certificate involved in greek like as Alpha Phi's Vice President of Programming and Education. When I'm not studying in the business school library or planning a sorority sisterhood event you can find me eating some sushi, or going to concerts, or hiking in beautiful Boulder.  Cute mug, boy, and corgi enthusiast.  Enjoy!
Maddi Harris

CU Boulder

Maddi Harris is currently a Sophomore Public Relations major at the Univeristy of Colorado-Boulder. Growing up in New Jersey, her move across the country to Colorado for school has taught Maddi to appreciate the little things about her home state- mainly being the food that is made there. When she's not making use of the beautiful terrain that Colorado has to offer, she can be found decked out in black & gold supporting her fellow buffs on gamedays. In her free time she enjoys catching up on Perez Hilton's daily articles and obsessing over the different wedding dresses featured on TLC's "Say Yes to the Dress."