Megan Taylor: More Than Meets The Eye

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Meet Megan Taylor. She is a sophomore International Affairs major with a passion for running, volunteering, and for CU. While most of her time is spent studying for her heavy load of classes, Megan manages to squeeze in practices with the triathlon team and her own personal training for races. She recently completed the Chicago Marathon, finishing second in her age division!

Aside from running, Megan is an active member of her sorority and enjoys volunteering at The Carillon at Boulder Creek with her sisters. She is hoping to hold a position on her sorority’s board next semester hopefully dealing with the new members.

Megan is also a passionate member of the campus community. Coming to from Chicago, Megan fell in love with CU and hopes to bring that same feeling to incoming students through her work as a student ambassador. This allows her to share her personal story with prospective students and show them everything CU has to offer.

In her free time Megan loves attending sports events, her favorite of course being CU football, hiking the various 14ers around Colorado and being a therapist to all her friends. Though she doesn’t yet know what her plans are beyond CU, she is sure to go far with all of the dedication and hard work she puts into the many aspects of her busy life.

Ali Chastain is a sophomore majoring in Advertising in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication at CU Boulder. Even though her passion is in Advertising, Journalism has always been a close second, which is why she is stoked to be a part of Her Campus! Originally from St. Louis, MO, she calls Boulder her home away from home. She is a part of Kappa Alpha Theta sorority and is also employed at American Apparel. When she is not working or studying, she loves to run around her favorite trails in Boulder, stalk music blogs, and put her foodie-ness to the test at new restaurants.