yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

An Introvert’s Guide to Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

The season of knit sweaters and pumpkin spice is upon us, and that means one thing: Halloween! If you’re anything like me, you may feel a bit overwhelmed by the holiday, especially if you aren’t interested in going to any parties. But, that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy yourself! Whether you like to dress up and go out or stay in with friends, here is a list of ways to get you in the Halloween mood. 

Photoshoot

I love a good photo shoot, and they are so easy to do. Grab a few friends, dress up in costumes or your cutest fall outfit, and have fun! You can set up a camera with a tripod if you have one, but the self-timer on your phone will work just as well. Or, you could go to a pumpkin patch! It’s always nice to have an excuse to dress up, plus your social media is going to look amazing. If you have a photoshoot with your friends this Halloween, tag @hercampuscuboulder. Can’t wait to see!

Baking Competition

Halloween, and fall in general, is the perfect time to show off your baking skills. Channel all the hours you’ve watched of The Great British Bake Off on Netflix, and invite some friends over for a fun baking competition. You can either grab the ingredients from your local store, or if you are like me, and living on a college budget, you can get prepackaged dough or mix. Throw in some frosting or sprinkles, and you have got yourself a decorating party! 

Movie Night

We all have those days where we are not in the socializing kind of mood, and that’s okay! If you want to destress on your own this Halloween, it is a perfect time to put on a face mask and watch your favorite spooky movie. It is free and easy, and you can stay in your pajamas while doing it. It’s a win, win, win situation.

Paint Pumpkins

Assuming that those of you who are reading this are in an apartment or dorm at the moment, it could be way too messy to carve pumpkins. Painting pumpkins is a great alternative! Grab some paint from your local dollar store, pull up Pinterest for some inspiration, and let your creative side take over.

Decorate

It is never too late to put up decorations! This Halloween, if you don’t want to go out, stay in and decorate your apartment/dorm for fall. You could easily DIY your decorations and have an arts and crafts night, but you could also find super cheap and cute decorations at a store near you.

Some of us won’t want to go to a party this Halloween, and that is totally okay! These are just some ways to enjoy the holiday at home by yourself or with a few friends. Stay safe, and have fun!

Emma D'Arcy

CU Boulder '22

Emma is a junior at CU Boulder studying Communications, and the Director of Chapter Branding for Her Campus CU Boulder. Outside of school, you can find her at a local coffee shop, the farmers market, or writing her latest article!
Sko Buffs!