General Hero Images v2png?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
General Hero Images v2png?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Starbucks

Here’s How I Recreated Starbucks Iced Chai Latte (with Pumpkin Cold Foam) for a Fraction of the Price

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

If there’s one thing I miss the most about the fall season, it’s all the cozy autumn drinks that coffee shops roll out with every year. Starbucks ‘ salted caramel mocha is usually my go-to when I order their drinks in the fall, but this time around, their Iced Chai Latte with Pumpkin Cold Foam scored at the top of my list.

I knew I didn’t want to wait another whole year to get my hands on this drink again, so I took it upon myself to make it myself at home. And let me tell you, the homemade version of it tastes exactly like the one you’d buy at the store (maybe even better). Now I can enjoy a fall favorite of mine all year round, and make it exactly how I like it! 

Here’s how recreated this drink for a fraction of the price.

Tea cup and candle by a bath tub
Photo by Maddi Bazzocco from Unsplash

Serving size: 1 eight oz drink         

Cook Time: 5 minutes 

Ingredients 

For the chai tea latte: 

For the Pumpkin Cold Foam

• ¼ cup heavy whipping cream

• ½ tbsp. pumpkin puree 

For the topping (optional):

• Dash of cinnamon 

Morning Routine
Samantha Glades

Instructions

1. For the chai tea latte:

In a small cup, mix the chai concentrate, vanilla syrup, and milk together. Set aside.

2. For the pumpkin cold foam

In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the heavy cream and pumpkin puree together until soft peaks form.

3. To make the Iced Chai Latte with Pumpkin Cold Foam

Place ice cubes into the chai tea latte and spoon the pumpkin cold foam on top of the tea. Add a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.

Notes

• Tazo’s Chai Latte Concentrate has 4 different varieties (classic, organic, decaf, and skinny), so make sure you read the label closely before buying one! 

• As always, any of these measurements can be adjusted to fit your personal preferences, however equal parts of the chai tea concentrate and milk will create the best taste (according to the package). 

French press
<span>Photo by <a href="https://unsplash.com/@anshu18?utm_source=unsplash&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=creditCopyText"></a></span>
Before you proceed to go crazy making this drink, let me leave you with a little bit of a fair warning: this stuff is addicting. Like consume-it-within-five minutes kind of addicting. Take it from a person who didn’t like the taste of chai and is now somehow hooked on the flavor. Hope you enjoy it!

Jessica Nguyen

CU Boulder '21

Jessica is currently a senior at the Leeds School of Business and is majoring in Marketing with a certificate in Creative Technology and Design. She is a big lover of all things art and music, and when she’s not in class or hitting the books, you’ll most likely find her petting other people’s dogs, making a baking disaster in the kitchen, or daydreaming about Paris.
Sko Buffs!