It’s no secret that COVID-19 has impacted everyone’s ability to meet in person, and this includes our own chapter. We’ve been awaiting Boulder’s warm, spring days that are just begging us to come sit on any open field or grass available. We decided to take advantage of the nice weather and increased vaccinations to spend some time together as a chapter.

We released our inner Bob Ross’s to all paint something on CU Boulder’s Norlin Quad! Check out the masterpieces below.

Courtney’s Geometric Canvas

Everyone was ooh-ing and aah-ing over this stylized piece that matches Courtney’s room perfectly!

Maeve’s Her Campus Logo

Of course, Maeve had to show some love to Her Campus! Shoutout to Alia who found paint that matched the Her Campus pink *perfectly!*

Maya’s Gift to Her BF!

Maya decided to paint something for her boyfriend – and who wouldn’t want this special gift?

Kaitland Literally Nailed the Emoji

Is it just us, or does this look exactly like the purple heart in the box emoji? Kaitland nailed it!💟

Marita’s Bathroom Addition

Marita needed a new art piece for her bathroom, and we loved watching this piece come together.

Watermelon Sugar by Maeve

With a few extra canvases left over, Maeve painted some fruit. Mostly because “Watermelon Sugar” by Harry Styles came on the speaker!

Alia’s Painted Print

If we could make Alia’s lightning and stars piece a digital phone background, we would.

Ella’s Donut

Yup, now we’re hungry. This donut by Ella is SO cute!

Norlin Library by Mackenzie 

Mackenzie took inspo from our beautiful campus, and sketched and painted Norlin Library right in front of us – it’s amazing!

Oriel Crushed the Abstractism

We weren’t quite sure what was going to happen when Oriel squirted a little bit of a few colors onto her canvas, but she nailed the paint knife tool to blend these colors together!

We loved getting together and unleashing our artistic sides! We can’t wait for more crafts together. 

Maeve is in her last year as a Leeds School of Business student and as a Her Campus writer (sad). When she's not singing Disney show tunes while her roommates aren't home, she can be found thinking about the cold brew she had with breakfast, humming the Hamilton soundtrack, and thinking about Captain America.
Alia Davis

CU Boulder '23

Alia is the Director of Outreach and a writer for Her Campus CU Boulder. She is a third year student majoring in International Affairs and Anthropology. When she isn't articles, she can typically be spotted on a run, watching Wes Anderson films, or re-reading Dune.
Kaitland is the Social Media Director for the chapter. She is a junior here at CU Boulder, studying Communication with minors in Spanish and Media Studies. Journalism is a fun hobby of hers and her favorite things to write about are: fashion, social issues and lifestyle. On campus, Kaitland is part of CMCI and the Dean Scholars. In Boulder you can find her at your local aesthetic coffee shop, trying out cool new restaurants, and saying hi to the local fauna.
Oriel Voegele

CU Boulder '23

Oriel is currently a junior at the University of Colorado Boulder double majoring in Psychology and Strategic Communication double minoring in Women and Gender Studies and Business. When she’s not doing homework you can find her reading cute books way past her bedtime, watching romcoms with a facemask on, or being overly competitive at Monopoly and Mario Kart.
Mackenzie is currently a sophomore at the University of Colorado Boulder and plans to pursue a Strategic Communications major. When she’s not studying or writing, you can usually find her enjoying a movie night with her friends or playing the new season of Destiny 2. Check out her Instagram @mackenziehornik
Maya Douglas

CU Boulder '22

Maya is a junior studying computer science and philosophy. If she's not listening to her favorite music while walking through campus, she's probably developing video games with her friends.
Courtney Rael

CU Boulder '24

Courtney is a writer at HER Campus CU Boulder. She is currently a sophomore majoring in political science and minoring in journalism. In her free time, Courtney enjoys listening to music, drinking coffee, and staying active.
Ella Salazar

CU Boulder '23

Ella is majoring in International Affairs and Journalism. She loves books, makeup, and good food. In her free time she likes to find new coffee shops, watch good movies, and travel.
Marita is a junior at CU and marketing major with a creative technology and design minor. She loves fashion, design and cooking. In her free time, she loves to go on walks and hang out with her bearded dragon, Walter!