This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Well ladies, we have almost made it to the end of this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Source// Pinterest

I know a lot of you are ready to be done, but before we’re fully done we have GRADUATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know a lot of you have friends graduating, or you’re graduating and I wanted to give you all the 411 (sorry, not sorry I miss the Disney Channel 411 era) on all things graduation.

Source// Pinterest

As your resident CU Bookstore employee I have been answering graduation related questions for months now and want you all to have the info in one easy spot.

1. Get your regalia NOW!!!!!!!

I know it still feels forever away, or maybe you just don’t want to get it yet and make this huge milestone real, but for real do it. Now.

Source// Pinterest

2. You only need three things to graduate!

You need your cap and gown (if you get it from the bookstore they will be in a package together) and your school specific tassel.

3. The stoles are super cute, but super not required!

If you love the look great, go for it! But if you don’t want it it is not necessary!!

4. Contact any department you think you need/were supposed to get a cord from so you have it for graduation day.

I can’t tell you how many times I have been asked if we carry cords or honors, no one but your department will have that!

Source// CU Alpha Phi

5. Communicate times and events to your family.

University staff are just as excited as you are for graduation (for real I love it, this is one of my favorite times of the year!!), but we don’t know your schedule or plans, so tell mom and dad now!!!

Source// April O’Hare Photography

For tips and tricks related to regalia see my next article, “Graduation Tips and Tricks” because I want to make sure you all are walking across the stage looking AMAZING!!!

Katelynn Hughes

CU Boulder '21

Katelynn is currently a senior at CU Boulder, double majoring in Neuroscience and Psychology with a minor in Business. She is an undergraduate student researcher studying alcohol use in adolescence and has worked with public policy around juvenile justice. She currently serves as the Events Director for the CU chapter on the Senior Exec board. In her free time she loves movie nights with her girl squad and cuddling with her poodle.
Sko Buffs!