Five Tips for Successfully Surviving Fraternity Formal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

As the weather in Boulder starts to warm up, the spring wind is whispering about everyone’s favorite time of the year… FRATERNITY FORMAL. It’s the time of the year when girls might start trying a little harder to catch the eye of their favorite fraternity man in order to snag an invite, but the real pressure occurs once the asking is over.

Many women who are new to the formal scene are not exactly sure what to expect from the weekend they have only been dreaming about since watching their first American pie movie. Well the first thing to remember is formal is a marathon, not a sprint. From the second the car heads up into the mountains the drinks will be flowing and the mischief will come in endless amounts. But there are a few things you need to remember, mostly just to protect your dignity.

1. Double knot those bikinis; the hot tub is all fun and games until your girls end up in the background of your favorite frat stars new profile picture

2. Pictures are evidence!! No one will tell you what to do this weekend, just remember the old saying, whatever happens at formal stays at formal… until it’s posted on Instagram, or Twitter, or Facebook or insert favorite social media here.

3. Know your limits. That may sound silly and everyone wants to prove that they can keep up with the boys, but a sloppy date is far from attractive.

4. Make as many friends as possible. This is your chance to make friends with all the members of the fraternity! Because what bonds people better then a late night talk in a hotel hallway? Nothing!

5. Stay classy. Formal is not a girls gone wild YouTube video, although many of the boys may think it is. When you come home on Sunday afternoon make sure you haven’t completely ruined your reputation!

Fraternity Formal is one of the wildest, entertaining, and memorable weekends of your college career! If you follow those 5 tips, and your moral compass (at least to a certain extent) the weekend will be as greatest party you could imagine.

Images from: http://www.hookingupsmart.com/…

http://imgur.com/r/pics/3DZde

Allie Filmanowicz is a sophmore at the University of Colorado Boulder. She was born and raised in Wisconsin and has no complaints about the added Vitiamn D in her life after moving to colorado! She is a caffinee adicit who can not start her day with out a black cup of coffee. She plans to someday work in advertising in hopes to combine her love for creativy, working with people, and persuasion. 
Natasha is sophomore at University of Colorado Boulder and is majoring in Journalism. She is a Southern California native learning to live in the snow, and is addicted to dirty chais. She is the Social Chair of Alpha Phi, and believes life is better in a pair of stilettoes. She one day aspires to work in the fashion magazine industry, or public relations.