This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Hey Babes! Happy International Women’s Day! Shout out to all the kick-ass women out there doing kick-ass things. Being a woman is not easy, but together we are slowly empowering all women and working for a safe and equal world for all. In honor of this great day, I felt like it would only be appropriate to create a playlist to remind all women that we are all strong, independent, and beautiful. Here are a few of my favorite empowering songs.

Woman- By Kesha

This song is all about girl power. Kesha gets across the idea that women can do whatever they want when they want. Women don’t need a man to ‘be holding them too tight’.

Run the World (Girls)- Beyoncé

If you’ve never heard this song then what are you doing?! Haha. I’m just kidding, but this song is basically the anthem for all women. We are boss a ** woman and we run the world.

That’s My Girl- Fifth Harmony

This song is all about women empowering other women. At the end or the day, we’re all women, and we are all in this together, so let’s celebrate all womens’ success!

Confident- Demi Lovato

Women often feel like they are not skinny enough, pretty enough, smart enough, etc. It takes a lot for a woman to be confident in herself these days. This song really expresses that there is nothing wrong with being confident. We are all beautiful and special in our own way.

Beautiful -Christina Aguilera

An old, classic reminder that each and every woman is beautiful in their own way. Don’t let others’ ideas of beauty make you feel as if you’re not beautiful.

Independent Women- Destiny’s Child

All the honeys who makin’ money… you go girl! We are all strong, independent women. There is nothing more attractive than a woman who can fend for herself.

New Rules- Dua Lipa

Last but not least, this song by Dua is a reminder that you don’t need a man. In the end, your girls are going to be the ones that are always there for you through thick and thin. So next time you want to pick up the phone, DON’T.

You are all amazing, strong, independent women who deserve the best. Don’t let anyone tell you what you can and can’t do, the sky’s the limit. Keep being the kick-ass female that you are!

CU Boulder CMCI // Public Relations // Fashion Enthusiast // Lover of Chocolate  "Enjoy the little things" 
Sko Buffs!