Dealing with your Trueblood Obsession

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Warning: if you begin watching True Blood, good luck turning off the TV before you make it through all four seasons. Between vampires, humans, shape shifters, fairies and every supernatural creature in between, you’re imagination will be sucked in and twisted to a new dimension. 

Meet Sookie Stackhouse, the main character who all of the vampires, werewolves, and shape shifters are lusting after.  Living as a simple, telepathic waitress in Bon Temps, Louisiana, her life turns upside down when her grandma is murdered and the only one left to comfort her is a Vampire by the name of Bill Compton.  As her life takes some unexpected turns, her small world of Bon Temps is turned upside down to reveal a world far more complicated and exhilarating than she ever thought possible.

This raunchy television series debuted in 2008 and has since won a Golden Globe and an Emmy for their expertise in combing all different kinds of dirty into an irresistibly sexy television series.  In fact, True Blood was such a hit that the fifth episode will be airing the summer of 2012.  But after you’ve watched and drooled and waited over the first four seasons, how will it be possible to make it to the fifth with out your weekly True Blood fix?

First, pick up some copies of the Men’s Health magazine so you have something to stare at instead of Alcide Herveaux or Jason Stackhouse.  Second, drink plenty of cranberry juice as to stay in touch with your inner vamp.  And lastly, if you truly cannot get enough, go pick up the novel series that started the whole thing: The Southern Vampire Mysteries by Charlaine Harris.

Anna is a Sophomore at the University of Colorado at Boulder studying Journalism in the News-Editorial track. She is very involved in her sorority, Kappa Alpha Theta, where she is curerntly the Vice President of Development. Also within the Greek Community, Anna writes for The Odyssey, a Greek newspaper. With a spare moment, Anna loves capturing the beauty of everyday through photography, embarking on mini adventures, skiing the peaks, and sipping chai. Nothing relaxes her more than tying on her running shoes and exploring the mountain trails and soaking up Colorado's sun. A recent addition to the Her Campus Team, she is excited for what is to come!