This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Just like everyone else I’ve seen the ads for Curology. This made me wonder if the ads and all the influencers hyping it up really made it worth it. So I tried the products for two months so you didn’t have to spend the money to figure out if you wanted to use these products and wait for them to come into the mail.

Going into looking for new skincare products, I was honestly getting more acne due to the weather change and the constant stress of school, so I decided to test out Curology through the process of determining how it may affect my skin. 

Photo by Anna Tarazevich from Pexels

When you first go through the process of purchasing Curology the company has you fill out a questionnaire of how much acne you have, is your skin dry or oily, and how often you wear sunscreen. After this the company has you take pictures of different areas of your face, neck, and chest to evaluate your skin problems. 

After you have filled out all the information needed you will hear from the professionals at Curology through an email to determine what they think will best work for you. They will then send you a few of the ingredients that they are going to be putting into your order.

three women with face masks
Anna Shvets

Within two weeks of receiving my order, my skin had gradually started to change, and look healthier, but I had noticed after the first two weeks that my skin was becoming worse, and I started to break out. I did expect this, though, due to the company writing that your skin may become worse before it becomes better, so I was not concerned with this happening. 

The Lalapink Beauty Products
Her Campus Media

After a month and a half, I started to notice that my skin did not feel extremely dry all the time, which was a huge issue for me due to the fact that Colorado has such dry air. When I began this process I noticed my skin was very dry, and dull. By the end of the second month, my skin started to look more moisturized, and I realized that for my specific skin type Curology was becoming more and more helpful for me to use.

Medicine cabinet packed full of skincare products
Megan Charles / Her Campus Media
Curology is not for everyone, but for my specific skin type, it has become extremely beneficial and has allowed me to have a better understanding of what products my skin reacted well to, and what products are not beneficial. Through this process, I have become more aware of how much more important my skin is to me after it started to look less dull throughout the days of using Curology.

Angelique is a Junior at CU Boulder studying Journalism with a double minor in Business and Communication. In her free time, you can find her looking for a new place to discover in Colorado.
Sko Buffs!