This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Being a college student and all, it is not easy to go out and buy all of your friend and family some cute, bougie gifts. Especially when every one of the clubs you’re in wants to do a Secret Santa. No worries though, I am here to help!

Make a Photo Collage

And it only will cost you around $5! All you have to do is go to the nearest Walgreens or CVS and print out some of the cutest photos of your friend or family member. Then, make a cute photo album or buy a frame at the dollar store and there you have it! A cute and inexpensive gift that will ensure a smile from the receiver.

Fran\'s Moodboard
Fran Casaine

Create a Video Montage

I have made so many of these for some of my family members, and I always get tears in return. All you have to do is find some old home videos or funny videos saved on your phone, and download them to your computer. You can use iMovie or really any movie-making app, and then just string the videos together. You can even add some background music and transitions if you really want to get fancy. Finally, buy a CD (if those are still a thing anymore) or a hard drive and upload your finished product! Be ready for the waterworks, people love to reminisce.

Nappy

Starbucks Cup of Kisses

BASIC WHITE GIRLS LOVE STARBUCKS. However, this could be a little on the pricier side, but, it is such a cute idea. You can get one of those cups with the straws at Starbucks and fill it with a bunch of Hershey Kisses! Starbucks sells such cute little cups full of adorable patterns and glitter which are around $14. Come on, who doesn’t love a cup with a straw, because I know I do!  

Spotify Premium

There is always that one friend who’s aux is always interrupted by Spotify Premium ads. Therefore, why not buy them a month or two for Christmas? It can even benefit you too! Especially if you are a college student, Spotify gives discounts, therefore, it is a win-win for everyone! However, I would not recommend this gift if you do not have the discount, because that can get a little pricey!

spotify, phone, headphones, music
Fixelgraphy / Unsplash

Candles, Fuzzy Socks, and Facemasks

After staying up late and studying for finals, all you want to do when you get home for break is relax. Therefore, why not help your friends off to a good start by getting them a candle, some fuzzy socks, and face masks? Most stores sell candles so they are easy to find, and Target has a great selection of fuzzy socks just waiting for you. And for the face masks? The brand 7th heaven sell cheap, face masks that actually work and smell delicious!

can

Love Romantic Bath Candlelight
Breakingpic / Pexels

Nevertheless, Christmas is not all about the gifts, even though they are fantastic. What Christmas is all about is being with the people who love you the most, and that is the best gift that anyone can ever get, unconditional love from your families and friends.

Belle Mead

CU Boulder '21

Belle Mead grew up in Manasquan, New Jersey, and for the past four years, attended at The University of Colorado Boulder. She majored in Journalism and minored in Creative Writing. Belle absolutely loves photography, fashion, and traveling. In the future, Belle aspires to write for Cosmopolitan or any lifestyle based magazine. She was also apart of the sorority, Alpha Chi Omega and the photography club at CU. 
Sko Buffs!