This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Got a late-night craving? Need a pick-me up after bombing a chemistry exam? Or just simply want a bowl of spaghetti and a chocolate chip cookie from Noodles and Company (which is my personal go-to order). Well, Doordash has got you covered. Boulder is not short of restaurants and options when it comes to satisfying a craving. From fast food to pizza to salads, the world might as well be your oyster. As someone who keeps deleting and redownloading the app in hopes of saving money but failing, I will be sharing all of the choices Doordash has to offer for both delivery and pick-up. 

Upon opening the app, one could be overwhelmed by the various places that are available, but don’t fret, Doordash makes it easy. The app breaks everything down into categories, making the selection much easier to navigate. Not only do they offer restaurants, but convenience stores, grocery, and flowers are some of the other options available. Anyways, back to the important stuff (food). Much like the app, I will be covering the places according to each category. 

1. Fast Food

These places are going to be best when your class starts in an hour, or you need a pregame meal, or simply your stomach won’t stop growling. McDonald’s, Taco Bell, Chipotle, Wendy’s and Burger King all typically have 10-15 minute wait times for those days when you have little time to waste. Other options include Noodles and Company, Wingstop, and Jimmy John’s. These places are also open later, giving you choices for later in the night. 

Bigmacmeal
Alex Frank / Spoon
  1. Pizza

Moving on to my favorite, pizza. As a self-proclaimed pizza critic, I am well-versed in this category. There are a number of options when it comes to the delicious combination of cheese and grease. Pizza 3.14, Aubrey Jane’s Pizza Garage, and Abo’s Pizza all have a wide variety of pizzas. In addition, they offer cheesy bread, breadsticks, calzones, and wings. These places are great for game days watching Deion Sanders and the CU Buffs or late movie nights with the roommates. In addition to pizza, there are a number of other Italian restaurants with pasta, salads, and sandwiches. Sforno Trattoria Romana, Postino, Gondolier Italian Eatery to name a few. 

1. Salads and Bowls

With Boulder being home to the young, “granola,” and healthy, there is no shortage of choices catered to those who prefer healthier and or vegan options. Doordash has a number of restaurants when it comes to those looking for hearty choices. CAVA, Modern Market Eatery, sweetgreen, MAD Greens and Panera are just a few of the many restaurants available. I unfortunately am the world’s pickiest eater, so while I cannot attest to how good these places are, I like to imagine an alternate version of myself is enjoying a salad bowl somewhere. 

1. Culture Cruisines

Despite Colorado being an extremely white demographic, there are options when it comes to Asian, Mexican, and other cuisines. For those looking for Chinese, try Mason’s Dumpling Shop, Dragonfly Noodle, Zoe Ma Ma, or Golden Sun. For those looking to try Japanese, consider Japango and My Ramen and Izakaya. And when it comes to Mexican, there’s Illegal Pete’s, Qdoba, Torchy’s Tacos, and Cafe Mexicali. Don’t stress if you haven’t seen something you are looking for. There are tons of other cuisines to choose from on the app. 

1. Sweet Treats

There are many responsibilities once one enters college: go to class, study, do laundry, and get yourself a little sweet treat. Choices range from ice cream from Sweet Cow Ice Cream, to Blizzards from Dairy Queen, and cookies from Insomnia. Other places include Wendy’s Frosties, Voodoo Doughnuts, and Boulder Baked. Convenience stores like 7-Eleven are open for those craving sugary candy or treats like Oreos and Hostess Donettes. So forget about your dentist and live on the edge. 

Spoon Csu-Assorted Doughnuts
Brook Buchan / Spoon

Well, I hope I have made the decision for dinner a little easier. Again, there are a lot more options on Doordash, so if you are feeling something else, go check it out. If you are someone who is trying to save money like me, I try to limit myself to using the app 1-2 times a week. But we’re young, and life is short, so don’t feel bad if you want to treat yourself; you deserve it. 

Karina Sercombe

CU Boulder '25

Karina is a contributing writer to CU’s Her Campus chapter for the 2023-2024 school year. This is her first year writing and she enjoys writing about all things film and pop culture. Karina is a junior studying Cinema Production and hopes to one day combine her love for writing and film. Outside of school, Karina has worked for local film festivals and hopes to continue doing so. When not watching movies or writing for Her Campus, she enjoys reading, traveling, or playing soccer.