Beautiful Boulder-Kissing Winter Goodbye

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

While Punxsutwaney Phil may have subjected us to 6 extra weeks of winter, this week in Boulder has certainly proved otherwise. Aside from 90 miles-per-hour winds, the weather in town has been mind-blowingly perfect. This photo, taken at the foot of the Flatirons at Chataqua National Park, captures the beauty that is Colorado this time of year. You never know what kind of weather to wake up to in the morning, but I’ll take 60-degrees in February any day. With Spring Break just weeks away, let’s hope this weather sticks and we can enjoy the time off from school by relaxing in the sun! 

Elana Starlord is  a junior at the University of Colorado.  She is majoring in Broadcast News and minoring in Technology, Arts and Media.  During her time at CU she has been the social chair of the CU Club Tennis team and a contributing writer for the University's student newspaper.  Elana loves spending time in the mountains, snowboarding and exploring the Colorado outdoors.  Elana spent summer 2011 in LA as a marketing/events intern at Participant Media.  Currently, she is interning at 303 Magazine in Denver and reports annually for the Boulder International Film Festival.  Whenever Elana has spare time she takes advantage of it by traveling with friends and family.