This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

You can focus on finals and stop stressing– here’s a gift for every Coloradan you know with budget-friendly options!

With the holidays approaching and many of us stumped for gift ideas, why not take advantage of Colorado itself for inspiration, and buy into a few classic Colorado stereotypes for your next present? 

I’ve got a few different ideas below for gifts for the die-hard Coloradan in your life, and these should hopefully not only be thoughtful and kind, but also useful and a lovely little reminder of how lucky we are to live in a place like Colorado. For each Coloradan in your life, there’s a budget option and a splurge option— so no need to fret!

(And if you’re the die-hard, pass this article on to the family group chat)

Enjoy!

For the Climber…

Climbing Chalk Bag – Topo Designs has this one on sale for only $14.00! Chalk bags can really have any design or color and there are tons of cool ones out there.

Hangboard  – perfect for some at-home training and strength building for any climber! 

For the Camper…

Camping Chair – an essential for sitting around the fire! And usually, a pretty affordable yet very handy thing to even just have around the house.

ENO Hammock – once you own a hammock, you will never go back. Promise. 

For the National Parks Lover…

National Parks Cards – these cards are adorable and you’ll be supporting Parks Project, who donate a portion of their proceeds back to the Parklands! 

Rocky Mountain Candle – for this candle, Parks Project donates to Rocky Mountain Conservancy’s volunteer program.

For the Skier… 

Ski Balm – to show you care about their face! A budget friendly yet very handy essential for a skier that could also make a great stocking stuffer.

Heated Socks– after an entire day of skiing, they will love you for these. These socks are electric and bound to keep your feet warm on the slopes all day!

For the Hiker…

Life Straw – take advantage of all of Colorado’s mountain streams while you’re out in the woods! And they even have straws like these with water pouches attached so you can fill up as you hike.

Microspikes – because hiking in the snow is so worth it, and microspikes are so handy for any winter hiking conditions you could run into.

And If All Else Fails…

Hydroflask

Water Bottle Stickers 

Subaru Outback 

Happy Holidays!

Orla McGrath

CU Boulder '24

Orla McGrath is a sophomore at CU Boulder majoring in English and minoring in Journalism. When she's not writing, she loves reading, coffee shops and exploring the outdoors in Colorado!