This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

While you’re stuck inside here is a list of five fun bonding activities you can do with your roommates.

Painting

Grab some canvas’ and paint whatever your heart desires. You can decide to pick a spot outside and paint what’s in front of you or even paint each other, it’s a fun way to bond over what you’re good at or your lack of Picasso-like skills. By the end, you’ll both have a beautiful reminder of the time you spent painting together.

Movie Marathon

Since Covid-19, everyone’s been binge-watching shows on Netflix, so why not turn your dorm or apartment into a cinema and have a movie marathon. All you need is popcorn, blankets, and a device to watch movies on. Make it better by having a watch party with all your mutual friends. If you have trouble deciding on what to watch, pick each other’s favorite movies, that way you get to learn more about each other and bond even further.

Sunset/Sunrise Picnics

If you both love food, why not take it one step further and pick an open spot to have a picnic. This is a good time to just talk and get to know each other even more than you probably already do. You can bring your favorite foods and share why they are your favorite. While watching the sunset or rise, your relationship is bound to grow.

Game Night

Bring out the UNO and What Do You MEME? Its time to have a good old roomie game night, however, if you only have one roommate there are tons of virtual games you can play. In fact, you can have a zoom game night with all your mutual friends and make an event out of it. Not only will this give you quality time together, but you will also have a stronger bond.

Zoom Party

Finally, a lot of people have been forced to have their birthdays in quarantine. This is a little specific, but if your roommate’s birthday is during lockdown or quarantine, why not throw them a Zoom party. It obviously won’t be the same, but you can make the most of what you have. Invite their closest friends to a zoom call, celebrate with cake, their favorite food, and have a mini virtual party in the comfort of your own home.

Covid-19 has made it really difficult to build personal connections with roommates, so why not try something new that is safe for the community.

Ornella Musinguzi

CU Boulder '24

Ornella is a freshman and a writer for hercampus CU Boulder. She is majoring in Political Science, with a minor in leadership studies and philosophy. She likes to write about current events and news.
Sko Buffs!