This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Let’s be real, NO ONE enjoys reading the news right now. Between biased networks, hostile politics, and COVID-19, the news sucks in 2020. But, as we all know, it’s still important to stay up to date on current events, especially when it comes to social activism. Here are five Instagram activist accounts you should be following right now: 

@activismandstuff

This account touches on topics ranging from Black Lives Matter to gender equality, and you can always count on them to report the GOOD NEWS, too!

@agirlhasnopresident

If you are a feminist, (which, if you believe in gender equality, you are) you should be following A Girl Has No President to stay up to date on all policies related to women’s rights. 

@shityoushouldcareabout

Follow for…well, you can figure it out.

@sainthoax

Saint Hoax is sure to liven up your day with their comical parodies of political figures. But, be warned, their bio states, “Politically Incorrect.”

@soyouwannatalkabout

So You Wanna Talk About is a no-nonsense, direct source for progressive politics. Each post includes several text slides that will tell you everything you need to know about the issues. 

Though Instagram isn’t the most trustworthy replacement for real reporting, it’s important to protect your mental health by taking breaks from the news. Follow these accounts for the run-down on social issues, minus the heavy news fatigue!

Kaitlyn Waynick

CU Boulder '22

Strat Comm major with an emphasis in Public Relations and a minor in Leadership. Avid lover of coffee, dogs, Netflix, and travel. Southern-raised but a big mountain girl.
Sko Buffs!