toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Halloween Inspired Cocktails for You and Your Ghouls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

A night in with the girls calls for some spooky cocktails! Here’s a list of 5 drinks you definitely need to test out for girls night!

Candy Corn Cocktail:

1.5 oz Smirnoff Whipped Cream Vodka

3 oz sour mix

2 oz Pineapple Juice

.5 oz grenadine

Instructions:

Combine Smirnoff Whipped Cream Vodka, Sour Mix, and Pineapple Juice in a shaker with ice and shake shake shake away. Pour mix into a martini glass, then slowly pour the Grenadine into the mixture so it settles at the bottom. Top with whipped cream!

Black Magic:

2 oz Black Vodka

1.5 oz Cherry Juice (you want that deep red color not fake red)

1 oz Orange Juice

0.5 oz Maraschino Cherry Syrup

Pinch Wilton Pearl Dust in White

Instructions:

In the bottom of a shaker add your black vodka, cherry juice, orange juice, maraschino cherry syrup, and pinch of pearl dust. Stir with a bar spoon. Strain into a chilled martini glass and serve

Vampire’s Dream:

1-2 oz Spiced Rum

3 oz Pomegranate Juice

3 oz Pineapple Juice

Splash of Grenadine

Instructions

Mix Spiced Rum, Pomegranate Juice, Pineapple Juice in a shaker with a splash of grenadine. Then pour over ice and enjoy!

Purple People Eater:

1 1/2 part vodka

1 part blue curacao

1 part sweet and sour mix

1 part grenadine

1 part cranberry juice

Instructions

Combine vodka, blue curacao, sweet and sour mix, grenadine, and cranberry juice in a shaker filled with ice. Shake until combined. Fill the sugar rimmed glass with ice. Pour purple people eater cocktail mix into glass until full.

Liquified Ghost:

1 part Vodka

1 part Vanilla Simple Syrup

1 part Cream

1 part Lemon-Lime Soda

Instructions

Combine Vodka, Vanilla Simple Syrup, Cream, and Lemon Lime Soda over ice in a shaker.

Shake and strain into a martini glass.

Garnish with a black licorice wheel.

Michaela is a rising Senior at the University of Colorado Boulder where she is majoring in psychology and working towards minors in education and leadership. Outside of the classroom, Michaela is a founding member of the Phi Mu Xi Alpha chapter and a 4-year member of Her Campus x CU. On the weekend you can find Michaela shopping on Pearl St. or driving up to the mountains.
Sko Buffs!