Tips To Stay Healthy During Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cornell chapter.

1. Stay hydrated

Keep your water bottle on you at all times and drink lots of water! It will help you stay energized and can relieve fatigue.

2. Don’t skip meals

While you’re busy studying, it’s sometimes easy to skip out on a meal in order to keep cranking out that essay. If you can’t seem to take a break from your work, keep healthy snacks like granola bars and fruit in your backpack.

3. Give your eyes a break

Intensive reading or computer usage can take a toll on your eyes. Remind yourself to rest your eyes every so often to keep your eyes healthy

4. If you’re stressed, talk to someone

Mental health is extremely important, particularly with the stress that finals week brings. If you’re feeling stressed, Cornell offers so many resources, like EARS, Minds Matter, counselling and other services offered through Cornell Health. A list of resources are available here.

5. Don’t be afraid to reach out to your teachers

Remember that teachers are human too. If you need to ask for an extension or need further clarification on class materials, don’t be afraid to send your professor or TAs an email or drop-in during office hours. Teachers are there to help you!

6. Make time to relax

Whether you relax by sitting outside by yourself, watching an episode or Netflix or hanging out with friends, ensure that you take some time in the midst of this chaos to do something fun.

7. Sleep, sleep, sleep

There’s nothing more important to maintain a healthy, functioning brain than a good night’s sleep. The occasional all-nighter is inevitable, but do your best to get at least 7-8 hours every night. If you’re worried about not being able to get up for an exam, set multiple alarms or get a friend to call you to make sure you’re awake.

Good luck on all your exams, and just remember, summer is almost here!

Elizabeth Li

Cornell '19

Junior at Cornell University and President/Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Cornell