Procrastination Monday: 5 Websites We Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cornell chapter.

1. Interesting: Reddit
It is entirely possible to spend one’s whole life on this site and not uncover half of its vast content. “Reddit is like the whole Internet condensed into one site,” says Alison*, a junior. The site is broken up into categories such as “funny,” “worldnews,” “todayilearned,” “AMA (Ask Me Anything)” and even “Cornell,” so you can tailor your experience to your interests. Good luck with this site – it is extremely addictive. “It is the worst use of my time I can think of,” Alison says, but adds that she won’t stop checking it any time soon.

2. Trivia: FunTrivia.com
Perfect for the brilliant minds of Cornell. Play for fun without signing up, or sign up for free to rack up points and bragging rights. Trivia quizzes range from very general science questions to extremely specific (Dexter Season One Episode Two), so anybody can find any trivia quiz in any trivia category. Ezra would be proud.

3. Soccer: Goal.com
For soccer fans out there, this site is jam-packed with schedules, score updates, transfer prospects, video highlights. With subsections that organize information by country or team, among others, you can always be informed. You can even change the edition to match your language and country.

4. Mindless Entertainment: Falling Sand Game
There is something calming about falling sand, and for those that want a fun, artsy game to play, this site is great. Use your mouse to create barriers for the colorful, falling stream of sand or for the spinning ball that destroys every barrier it touches. It is surprising how fast time passes casually playing this.

5. Language Learning: Livemocha.com
This site is perfect for anyone who wants to learn a language. You can sign up for free and complete lessons at your own pace to earn points. Even better, you can get feedback from native speakers and help others learn your own native language.  

Elisabeth Rosen is a College Scholar at Cornell University with concentrations in anthropology, social psychology and creative writing. She is currently the co-editor of Her Campus Cornell. She has interned at The Weinstein Company and Small Farms Quarterly and worked as a hostess at a Japanese restaurant.