Gifts For Your Secret Santa For Under $20

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cornell chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you love the holidays. One of my favorite things to do is find the perfect gift for all the special people in my life. However, as a broke college student, this is hard to do. Secret Santa is one of my favorite ways to celebrate with my friends without breaking the bank! Here are some fun gift ideas to help kickstart your holiday season.

1. Fuzzy Socks

Fuzzy socks are one of my first go-to Secret Santa gifts. They’re warm and soft – perfect for a cold, snowy night. You can find them in all different colors and all sorts of fun holiday patterns! Some places to look are Five Below, Target and Amazon. The socks above can be found at Target for just $5.

2. Mugs

Mugs are a great gift to give in the winter. There’s nothing better than a hot cup of tea, coffee or hot chocolate on a cold day. Mugs are great because you can fill them with goodies like candy or hot chocolate mix! You can buy the mug above on Amazon for $14.99.

3. Candles

Bring in the holiday spirit with some festive scented candles! As long as your dorm or wherever you live allows candles (some dorms classify them as a fire hazard), lighting one of these candles will immediately transform your room into holiday heaven. The above candle from Yankee Candle is $11.

4. Lotion

I always appreciate getting fun scented lotions as a gift. They’re so useful, especially as it gets colder, because I always get dry skin. Bath and Body Works has so many different scents to choose from, and you can get an 8 ounce container like the one above for $12.50.

5. Candy

Candy is a great way to fill the bottom of the gift bag if you need a little something extra to add to your Secret Santa gift. Get a friend to ask the person you have for Secret Santa what their favorite candies are, and you’re all set!

6. Stickers

Stickers are great to put on laptops, water bottles, notebooks, etc. to add some flair to your everyday objects! Red Bubble is a great website to look for fun stickers like the one above from you and your friends’ favorite movies and memes.

7. Gift cards

If all else fails, everyone appreciates receiving a gift card. A Starbucks gift card is a good choice, especially for the person in your friend group that exists off of caffeine (everyone has one).

Information Science Major, Communications and Spanish Minor
Elizabeth Li

Cornell '19

Junior at Cornell University and President/Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Cornell