EMILY DONG: Infectiously Positive

Year: 2018

Major: Biology & Society Major with minors in Feminine, Gender and Sexuality Studies and Business.

Hometown:  Acton, Massachusetts (A suburb of Boston!)

Campus Activities: Student Assembly Community Life Committee’s Environmental Sustainability Sub-Committee, Ukulele Club, and Environmental Justice Solidarity at Cornell (EJSAC).

FAVORITE

Class: Her FWS last semester called Gender and Violence. (Ecology and the Environment was a close second!

Book: Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell

Food: Any vehicle for maple syrup!

Movie: The Shawshank Redemption

TV Show: How I Met Your Mother

Music Genre: Anything that plays in a coffeehouse!

Let’s Get Personal!

Relationship Status: Single…I’m too busy fighting the patriarchy!

Pet Peeve: Picky eaters.

Favorite Cornell Memory: One day, I walked to my 9 am class pretty early. As I was walking across the footbridge, I looked across Beebe Lake. The sun was just peeking through the trees and water shimmered. It reminded me of how lucky I am to be here.

Every girl needs this: great friendships!

Perfect date in 10 words or less: Hanging out and enjoying each other’s company.

Choice Superpower: To be able to make everybody 100% happy.

Post-Grad Plans: Ask me again next year… 

Favorite Place in the World: My Hometown.

Relationship Deal Breaker: When a person is inconsiderate or detached.

Celebrity Crush: Karlie Kloss

Most Played Song on iPod: Crush by David Archuleta

Favorite Quote: “There is no exquisite beauty without some strangeness in the proportion.” –Edgar Allan Poe

What is something most people don’t know about you? I am an open book!

What do you look for in a significant other? Kindness

Who is someone you look up to? I look up to Emma Johnston! She’s co-chair of the Student Assembly’s Community Life Committee. I look up to Emma because she is very driven and is passionate about achieving what she wants.

What’s your favorite hangout on campus? Mann Library (Especially Manndible!)

Are you excited to be this week’s campus cutie? YES!