E-Board Spotlight: Kaitlin Steinleitner ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cornell chapter.

Name: Kaitlin Steinleitner

Hometown: Moraga, California

What are you involved in at Cornell?

I’m involved in Greek Life and Food Science Product Development team.

Best spot to eat on campus: Manndibles – super healthy and high quality food with so many options!

What do you watch on Netflix?

I’m currently obsessed with Scandal.

Where do you study?

Mann Library. It is easily the best library on campus. If I want a more social studying experience, I go to the second floor. The third floor is great for intense, quiet studying.

What is one thing you can’t live without?

My planner. It has my entire life organized in it. If I lost it I don’t know what I’d do.

What is your guilty pleasure?

Online shopping at Madewell

Any online shopping tips?

Yes, if you are unsure which size to get, order both and return the one that doesn’t fit as well! Google Chrome also has an extension called Honey, which automatically finds you coupons and applies them at checkout. You can download it for free and it saves you a lot.

Have you ever seen snow before coming to Cornell?

Contrary to popular belief, I actually have experienced snow. I’ve been skiing before so the snow was not new for me.

Did you own a Parka beforehand?

Most definitely not. I ordered one online right before the snow hit so I was pretty lucky that I didn’t freeze to death.

Which is the best flavor of Cornell Dairy ice cream?

Pumpkin, but I think it’s only offered seasonally so I haven’t had it since winter break.

What is the best part of Cornell?

The academics are of course amazing, but I have also found that the people here are so friendly. The students, faculty, and staff truly make up the school.

Is there a huge difference between California and New York?

I’ve definitely noticed that the environment here is much more fast-pace than in California. The people here also dress much differently – I don’t see much surfer apparel here.

How was your transition as a transfer student?

It was challenging at first being exposed to a completely new environment, but the larger transfer population and well-established transfer program made it so easy to adjust.

What are your future plans?

I may possibly study abroad, but I’m still on the fence about it. After graduating from Cornell, I may go on the med school route.

Elizabeth Li

Cornell '19

Junior at Cornell University and President/Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Cornell