Warmer Days are Almost Here…We Hope!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Even though this winter seems to be dragging on, Spring is just around the corner and with the coming of warmer weather, hopefully some of our big down coats and warm clothes will be pushed to the back of the closet and the lovely transition into spring attire will begin! Here are some fun tips for transitioning your winter closet into spring-garb!

1. Keep some of those thicker sweaters out! Despite the sense of the word “warmer weather” actually meaning warm, there will most likely be those days where it is in the mid fifties and is warm enough for no coat, but not warm enough without one. So keep a few thicker sweaters or cardigans out to layer over a cute spring shirt.

2. Scarves are a must! As someone who is a strong advocate for scarves, it is a simple accessory that can really dress up an outfit. No cliché intended but scarves really do come in all shapes, sizes and materials. As warmer weather approaches, try a simple lightweight scarf to add to your spring outfit.

3. Skirts and Dresses will be much more appealing as the temperature increases. Kudos to those brave soles who rocked these during the winter, but for the rest of us who preferred to slide into some sweats, bring out a cute spring dress and try this out for a spring look.

4. Ditch the boots! Also with the sub–freezing temperatures this Winter, boots (of all kinds) and moccasins were the favorite choice of footwear, however now that no more snow is expected, try locating those keds, boat shoes or even sandals for the upcoming spring days! 

Emily is currently a senior attending Connecticut College. She is a Biology and English double major. Her interests include community service, lazy days in bed watching movies and hanging out outdoors with friends. Like her interests, her taste in music and movies is all over the place. She has had an amazing four years here at Conn College so far, and is excited and nervous about being much closer to the REAL WORLD!
Her Campus Conn Coll