Transition to Fall: Wardrobe Updates!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

With fall’s official date of arrival having just passed, it’s time to put away those bathing suits and white jeans! Transitioning into a new season can always be a little disorientating, especially fall when the temperature is constantly changing. There are some mornings that start off feeling like the dead of winter and by noon you feel like you could be at the beach. The beginning of fall can be a little tricky, but here are some ideas to get the most out of your summer wardrobe while staying warm for those chilly mornings and late afternoons. 

Unfortunately it is no longer shorts and flip-flop weather. Fortunately though, bare legs are totally acceptable! Pair a patterned skirt with a button-down and cardigan and you’ve got yourself a chic, weather appropriate, class ready outfit. Or put together your favorite dress, add some sneaks topped off with a denim jacket and you’ve got yourself a classic killer look. 

Fall welcomes the everlasting temptation to wear your favorite yoga pants day-in and day-out. But a cozy scarf is great alternative and the perfect way to make a fashion statement while staying in ‘lazy mode’. 

Swipe out those pastels and white jeans for denim and cargo! Grab a pair, add flats or sandals, some stripes and Voila! Cargo pants are a Fall Must-Have.

A crucial Fall staple would have to be a light jacket perfect for any weather Fall decides to throw your way. Try a denim, leather or cargo jacket and you’ll be sure to stay warm any day of the season. Vests are great accents to throw on over big sweaters or classic button-downs, too.  

Happy Fall! Enjoy those pumpkin spiced treats and don’t forget to look fashionable while doing so, you never know who you might run into! 

Julie is a junior at Connecticut College from Montclair, New Jersey studying dance and psychology. She loves to share her passion for food with friends and family and has been on a life long quest to find the world's best slice of pizza. In her free time, Julie enjoys yoga and hopes to one day become a certified yoga instructor. 
Her Campus Conn Coll