dance scene in Barbie movie
dance scene in Barbie movie
Warner Bros

The Top 5 ‘Just Dance’ Dances

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

The Just Dance saga is a cultural phenomenon that has graced our Wiis throughout our childhood and was the perfect game to exercise while having fun with your friends. Recently, I have revisited all of the Just Dance games from my childhood (all of the editions after 2016 are not canon to my Just Dance universe (JDU)) and decided to rank my top 5 dances based on the iconic moves and the song. 

#5. “Girlfriend” by Avril Lavigne (Just Dance 2)

I may be biased because I performed this dance verbatim with my friend and twin sister in the fifth grade talent show, but this song was too good to not include in the top 5. While the moves are very easy and provide no challenge to the dancer, they are memorable and can come in handy several years later when this song randomly comes on during a party and you need to impress your friends.

#4. “Tetris” by Dancing Bros (Just Dance 2015)

This dance is pure chaos, which is what makes it so fun. It is also the perfect test to know who your true friends are, especially when all of them need to pick you up without dropping you. Warning: If you do not want to be repeatedly sat on by one of your friends then do not choose to be the blue character.

#3. “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go” by Wham! (Just Dance 2)

This dance is very nostalgic for me because it is one of the first ones that I ever did when I first got into Just Dance. The song is iconic and just makes you want to get up and dance!

#2. ”Rasputin” by Boney M (Just Dance 2)

This dance is probably the most well known dance to come out of the franchise, and it is guaranteed that everyone will do the dance when “Rasputin” comes on in the club. Yes, you will be very sweaty once you finish this dance, but that’s what Just Dance is all about!

#1. “Night Boat to Cairo” by Madness (Just Dance 3)

This dance is super underrated, but it is guaranteed to get the party started! The choice of characters—three mummies and a camel—are very odd but fitting for the song. The dance itself is very silly and easy to get into. It is truly a crime that this dance is not offered on Just Dance Unlimited.

Keri Krasnoff

Conn Coll '24

Senior at Connecticut College. Likes to read and crochet.