This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Like most of the world, I hopped on the Wordle craze earlier this year. I would consider myself a pretty dedicated player–I have played consistently since January and still text my friends my score daily. However, one round of Wordle per day just does not quench my thirst, so I have turned to Wordle spin-offs to get even more gameplay. Here are my favorite Wordle spin-offs that almost live up to the real deal!

1. Taylordle 

My Swift-obsessed friend introduced me to Taylordle, a Wordle spin-off that only uses words related to Taylor Swift. Taylordle doesn’t follow Wordle’s six-letter word format, instead expanding to include words with up to eight letters. This format is challenging in itself and combined with the Taylor-only vocabulary constraint, Taylordle is more difficult than it may appear. 

1. Heardle 

While a spin-off of Wordle, Heardle does not involve any actual word guessing. The aim of Heardle is to correctly guess the song and artist by listening to short audio clips of said song. Players get six guesses like in Wordle and the audio clips increase in length with each guess. 

1. Semantle

This is the Wordle spin-off that I spend the most amount of time stumped with what word to guess next. The aim of Semantle is to find the word of the day, using semantics to get you there. With each guess, Semantle will tell you the percent similarity of your guess to the word of the day. You have unlimited guesses for Semantle, and I find myself often guessing 100 or 200 words. Semantle requires patience but it feels so rewarding when you finally get the word correct. 

If you are as obsessed with Wordle as I am, hopefully you’ll give these spin-offs a try!

Kendall Foley

Conn Coll '24

Kendall Foley is a sophomore at Connecticut College majoring in Philosophy and pursuing a Pathway in Data, Information, and Society. At Conn, Kendall plays for the women's water polo team and is an intern in the Office of Student Accessibility Services. In her free time, you can find Kendall open-water swimming, baking, or spending time with her family.