Gilmore Girls walking through Fall Festival
Warner Bros. Television

The Best Gilmore Girls Episodes to Watch to Live a Stars Hollow Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

The air is crisp. The leaves are changing. Everywhere you go is soundtracked by the town troubadour singing a faint “la la la lalalala”. It’s fall, which means it’s time to cozy up and rewatch Gilmore Girls. Whether you are a busy student, or just don’t want to deal with late season Rory, odds are you aren’t rewatching all seven seasons this fall. Here are the episodes with the best fall vibes that will make you want to romanticize your life in sepia tone: 

“A Deep Fried Korean Thanksgiving”

Aside from this being an all around great episode, seeing Lorelai and Rory bounce around to four different Thanksgivings just puts you right in the mood to put on a sweater and eat way too much stuffing.

“Take the Deviled Eggs”

Anytime the conversation takes place in the town square, it just makes me want to go to a fall festival. In this episode, we get to see a moment of rebellion from Rory when she eggs Jess’ car and the whole crowd gathers in the square to understand what the mystery man is protesting against the backdrop of hay bales and pumpkins.

“The Lorelais First Day at Chilton”

Though Lorelais t-shirt and cutoffs make it feel like anything but a crisp fall day, I couldn’t not include this episode. The back to school energy is strong as Rory starts at Chilton in the second episode of the series. Though it might technically be summer still, everyone knows that the first day of school is the unofficial first day of fall. 

“Nick and Nora/Sid and Nancy”

This is my favorite episode of Gilmore Girls, and it will be on every Stars Hollow related list I write. In this episode, Jess arrives in town. We get a great scene of Luke and Jess coming to the Gilmore house for dinner where Jess and Rory meet for the first time and bond over books. Plus, who doesn’t love seeing Luke push Jess into the lake. Though maybe the least explicitly fall related on this list, it is the episode I will be watching this fall break. 

Bonus Pick: 

Gilmore Girls: A Year In The Life – “Fall”

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I think A Year In The Life is a pretty good reboot. In the fall episode, Lorelai decides to hike the Pacific Crest Trail and we get a bombshell of a reveal. The whole episode is littered with beautiful leaves and cozy outfits. So, if you are looking for Gilmore Girls energy, but don’t want to be sucked into watching the whole series, give A Year In The Life another shot. 

Caitlin Boyd

Conn Coll '24

Caitlin Boyd is a junior at Connecticut College studying neuroscience. She loves writing everything from book recs, to music reviews, to campus life experiences! If you see Caitlin around Conn, she is probably looking fascinated by the campus squirrels.