This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

As someone who has done the deep dive into astrology during quarantine and eaten several Thanksgiving feasts in the past, here are my opinions on the 12 zodiac signs as mostly traditional Thanksgiving dishes! 

1. Aries is the delicious sweet potato casserole with marshmallows. Aries, like this dish, can elicit some controversial opinions, but they are a bright addition to the world and to the Thanksgiving table.
  1. Taurus is the trusty and iconic turkey. They can at times be stubborn and a little difficult like the classic turkey, but once you learn their ways, they are sweet and reliable favorites.
  1. Gemini is the sweet and tangy cranberry sauce. Cranberry sauce, like the sign Gemini, can often be a point of contention. Does it really go with the meal or is it too out there? But gemini, when given their time to shine, can add just the right amount of spice and pizazz to your life.
  1. Cancer is the classic dinner roll. Dinner rolls are that sure to be good, soft, and delicious Thanksgiving starter. Like the sign Cancer, they are reliable and great to handle some of those holiday emotions with.
  1. Leo is, of course, the famed pumpkin pie. The sign Leo is the moment and knows they are the moment, just like pumpkin pie. Leo, the sign of the sun, wants to be the focal point of life and pumpkin pie certainly takes the award for best known Thanksgiving dessert. 
  1. Virgo is the elaborate stuffing. Everyone has their family stuffing recipe that must be followed precisely. Virgo is the one sign with the patience and perfectionism to knock this stuffing out of the park. While both the sign of Virgo and stuffing can be fickle, when close attention and detail is applied, they are a delight. 
  1. Libra is the beautiful apple pie. Libra takes care to present a beautiful appearance and grace, like the stunning apple pie decorative crust. They are sweet with a bit of spice, and both Libra and apple pie add that much needed sweetness to life.
  1. Scorpio is the decadent chocolate mousse. Both can be a bit overpowering for some, but if you can really appreciate the strong and vibrant traits of them, they are sure to blow you away. They are both the perfect moody and non-traditional addition to life and the table.  
  1. Sagittarius is the warm and comforting hot apple cider. Definitely a fall favorite for many, like the sign Sagittarius, they are best outside in nature taking in the fall views. Both are a bit fun and tangy and are sure to brighten your day.
  1. Capricorn is the tried and true gravy. Like the sign Capricorn, gravy is a classic addition and can always be trusted to get the job done. Whether presented in fine china or your grandma’s weird pottery cup, gravy, like capricorn, will never fail to impress.   
  1. Aquarius is the possibly forgotten and delicious green bean casserole. Like Aquarius, this dish may be underestimated, but if you chose to take a chance on either you won’t be disappointed. The sign of Aquarius is all about new ideas, so this Thanksgiving make sure to take a chance on this delicious veggie option.
  1. Pisces is the beloved dish, mashed potatoes. Comforting and delightful, both Pisces and mashed potatoes are much needed in life and on your plate. A truly delicious scoop of mashed potatoes is sure to live in your dreams just like the dreamy sign of Pisces.
Lauren Bryant

Conn Coll '25

Lauren (they/she) is a sophomore at Conn, double majoring in Psychology and Gender, Sexuality, and Intersectionality Studies with a minor in Biology!