Spring Break Activities (If you can’t go anywhere)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Staying home for spring break? No worries, just because you’re not going to be basking on the beaches of Florida or Euro-tripping doesn’t mean you can’t have fun at home. Check out these simple ideas:

Eat & Be Happy!
Tired of college food? Here’s the time to enjoy home-cooked meals with your family or go out to your favorite restaurants! Catch up with great dinner conversations and enjoy top quality cooking.

Movie Time
Catch up on all those new releases you’ve been meaning to see with close friends and family. Don’t forget the popcorn!

Grab a Book
Although reading may not seem like the most idealistic thing to do, here’s your chance to ditch the college text books and read something you actually enjoy!

Spa Day
Pamper and primp yourself at a local spa. Let all the stress from college disappear and feel fresh and rejuvenated for the remainder of your break!

Exercise
Feeling bad about not hitting the A/C more often? Make it up over break and work out at your favorite places with much more free time – perhaps join a Zumba or water aerobics class.

Shop
Hit the mall and look out for great sales. Reward yourself with some cute new outfits for spring!

Volunteer
Do something good in your community and help volunteer at a local organization. Not only will your boredom be suppressed, but you’ll do something truly beneficial to those around you!

Sleep
Finally you can catch up on some must needed Zzzzzz’s and relax! No early classes or super late nights (only unless you want to stay up that late, of course). Remember, you deserve it!

Danielle is a sophomore at Connecticut College and is currently pursuing a double-major in International Relations and Middle Eastern Studies. Danielle began writing for the Connecticut College branch of Her Campus in the fall of 2011 and will continue to write this year as Editor and Campus Correspondent. Danielle has traveled all over the world and continues her love for other cultures and languages through her studies. Besides traveling, she loves to sing and dance - especially as a member of Miss Connduct, an all-female A capella group at Connecticut College. In general, Danielle loves sushi, goats, traveling, and Star Wars/Lord of the Rings. She is thrilled to be working with Her Campus this year!
Katherine is a senior at Connecticut College majoring in European history and minoring in film studies. She spent her last semester abroad in Rome and loved it, and then interned this summer at Marie Claire magazine in New York City. Katherine is very excited to be joining the Her Campus team!