Sports Boys Soccer Dodging Ball
Sports Boys Soccer Dodging Ball
Tiffany Meh / Spoon
Life > Experiences

Showing School Spirit at a Small School

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Although Connecticut College may have a small student body, we sure are mighty. Despite not being a big football school, our Division III athletics program truly shines, and our arts programs are always met with overwhelming support. Along with sporting our camel swag, here are some ways our students show their school pride:

One of my on-campus jobs is being a tour guide! My camel pride comes out the most when I am leading prospective students around campus and sharing my experience at Conn with them. I get so excited sharing my favorite parts of Conn, and I am always proud to be a camel when answering prospective students’ questions. While I may not feel the frequent and high levels of school spirit that I would imagine students at larger universities may feel, I genuinely do love Conn and am proud to be a part of such an amazing school and community. When talking with prospective students, I get excited about the possibility of them coming to Conn and having the same positive experience I have had, which I think is the ultimate manifestation of camel pride because I am sharing it with others and want them to experience it as well.

• Sarah Hennig ‘24

One of my favorite roles that I assume on campus is Manager of the Connecticut College Dance Team! Our club sport acts as the “pep” force at major sporting events, as we arrive outfitted with pom poms, cheerleading bows, and some pretty sick dance moves. We recently performed at the Athletes of Color Coalition-sponsored Pep Rally for winter sports, and make sure to catch us at half-time of the home basketball games! Go camels!

• Lara Beckius ‘24
Lara is a senior at Connecticut College, where she is pursuing a double major in environmental studies and economics with a minor in dance. Her interests include choreography, sustainability, the performing arts, and conservation.
Sarah Hennig

Conn Coll '24

Sarah Hennig is a junior at Conn who loves to read and write. She enjoys hiking, traveling, and spending time with her friends.