college parties?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
college parties?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
NETFLIX
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Our Tent Dance Review!

Fall Ball, known amongst Conn Coll students as Tent Dance, is a yearly tradition that has come back full force since the start of the COVID pandemic. This year’s event was filled with exciting music, fun dancing, and fresh fits. Looking back, here are some of our praises, and complaints, for the night:

I’m happy to say that I finally had a real Conn Tent Dance experience, but I don’t think it totally lived up to expectations. My first year, Triple E forced Fall Ball to be in Cro (so there was no real tent), of course there was no dance in Fall 2020, and I was not on campus the weekend of the dance last year. I think Conn’s Halloween Dance, Festivus, and Floralia last year were great and those events were more memorable because of the extra activities included such as food trucks, photo memorabilia, decorations, ice skating, a holiday train, guest performers, and more fun promotion. However, I did like the music played throughout Fall Ball and really enjoyed getting to dress up with my friends and see so many people on the dance floor! 

• Maria Sell ‘23 

I had a great time at Fall Ball this year! I only have one previous year to compare it to (due to COVID), but every Conn event seems to be getting bigger and better. The music was ten times better than last year, and I appreciated the effort that everyone put into their fits for the night. My only complaint was that there was hardly any food! After all that dancing, I worked up a major appetite. I hope that they bring food trucks back for the next dance!

• Lara Beckius ‘24
Lara is a senior at Connecticut College, where she is pursuing a double major in environmental studies and economics with a minor in dance. Her interests include choreography, sustainability, the performing arts, and conservation.
Maria Sell

Conn Coll '23

Maria (she/her/hers) is a senior at Connecticut College studying American Studies and Sociology and is from the San Francisco Bay Area. She loves getting to play on the Women's Water Polo Team with her teammates here and enjoys reading, baking, and coaching water polo outside of school!