This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Our Conn College Her Campus members have some amazing plans for this summer! Here’s what we’ll be up to this school vacation:

This summer, I am going to be spending a fair amount of time in my childhood bedroom, working two different remote jobs. I will be working as a consulting intern at a small firm focused on corporate DEI solutions and also assisting in research at the Cornell Yang-Tan Institute on Employment and Disability (big thank you to Conn for the funding!). I am so grateful for these opportunities, but I also have a few trips and visits planned to keep myself from getting too bored of the remote work lifestyle! 

– Kendall Foley ‘24

This summer I will be working on invasive plant management through Mass Audubon. I live right near a salt marsh that basically extends across the northeastern coast of Massachusetts, and every year Mass Audubon hires a team of field technicians to help with their annual pepperweed project. This is my third year helping with the project, but this year, I will be taking on the role of team leader. I have really enjoyed this job because it allows me to stay close to home, spend all day outdoors, work with some really amazing people, and learn more about the conservation/restoration field. It’s definitely not always fun (pulling weeds on the marsh in 90 degree weather can be rough), but I think that the good moments far exceed the challenging ones.

– Hannah Grinnell ‘24

I’m so excited to be coaching at my water polo club again this summer after working for them the past couple seasons. I love getting to work with high school athletes, teach them more about the sport, see them improve over time, and have fun with the team! I will be able to bring in new skills and ideas that I learned in my own collegiate water polo season to create great practice plans and competition strategies. I feel really passionate about water polo, and coaching has given me the opportunity to reach out to young female student athletes to encourage athletic leadership!

– Maria Sell ‘23 

This summer, I am excited to work as the Youth Education Programs Intern at the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens in Boothbay, Maine! I’ll be assisting with all of the children’s programs and overall garden maintenance while surrounded by beautiful scenery, funky plants, and giant trolls. Yup…giant trolls. Come visit me this summer to check it out!

– Lara Beckius ‘24

Kendall Foley

Conn Coll '24

Kendall Foley is a sophomore at Connecticut College majoring in Philosophy and pursuing a Pathway in Data, Information, and Society. At Conn, Kendall plays for the women's water polo team and is an intern in the Office of Student Accessibility Services. In her free time, you can find Kendall open-water swimming, baking, or spending time with her family.
Maria Sell

Conn Coll '23

Maria (she/her/hers) is a senior at Connecticut College studying American Studies and Sociology and is from the San Francisco Bay Area. She loves getting to play on the Women's Water Polo Team with her teammates here and enjoys reading, baking, and coaching water polo outside of school!
Lara is a senior at Connecticut College, where she is pursuing a double major in environmental studies and economics with a minor in dance. Her interests include choreography, sustainability, the performing arts, and conservation.