This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

As summer comes to an end, we’re taking the time to reflect on the melodies and tunes that provided the perfect soundtrack for all of the good vibes. Here are our songs of Summer ‘22:

Throughout Summer ‘22, I had Taylor Swift’s “Message in a Bottle (Fat Max G Remix)” on repeat! This upbeat and fun track was playing in the background when I was driving in my car, working out, dancing around my house, and hanging with friends! This song was one of my favorite’s off of Red (TV) but I really liked playing it during the summer to match my high energy!

• Maria Sell ‘23 

I had a whole playlist dedicated to my whirlwind summer this year. However, hidden amongst the Harry Styles, Lizzo, and classic rock, one song came out on top: “Strangers” by Mt. Joy. This song has the perfect, chill summer vibe, that makes you want to roll down your windows and scream it at the top of your lungs. And, trust me, I did plenty of that. It’s hard to describe just how happy this song makes me, besides simply reminiscing on Summer ‘22. 

• Lara Beckius ‘24

My summer song was “Circles Around this Town,” by Maren Morris. This song, and my summer music in general, may not be everyone’s cup of tea: country. During the summer, whether I’m driving, walking or even sitting in the park my go-to music is country. I was able to see Maren Morris perform in concert this summer, making this song an even more special memory for me.

• Dalia Kaplan ‘24

I did not have a song of the summer, but I had an album of the summer. My album of the summer was WHO CARES? by Rex Orange County. Personally, I am awful at putting together playlists, so whenever I listen to music I prefer to listen to an album on shuffle. WHO CARES? was the perfect album for summer. Whether you are sitting on the beach and hanging out with friends or driving around town with the windows down, the album perfectly encapsulates summer vibes. Some of my personal favorite songs from the album are: “The Shade,” ”7AM,” ”Amazing,” and ”Worth It.” That being said, I truly love every song and, in my opinion, this is a no skip album.

• Sarah Hennig ‘24

My annual summer playlist is my pride and joy and this past summer might have been the best yet. If I had to pick one song from the playlist that wins the title of the song of the summer it would have to be “Brooklyn in the Summer” by Aloe Blacc. I discovered this song while working at a clothing store, my summer job for the past few years. Unlike the other elevator music tunes that played throughout my shifts, this song seamlessly translated all the summer sounds and feels into one incredible bop. Adding it to my summer playlist was a no brainer, and it easily made it to one of my most played songs for the Summer of ‘22.

• Sophie Zakin ‘24
Sarah Hennig

Conn Coll '24

Sarah Hennig is a junior at Conn who loves to read and write. She enjoys hiking, traveling, and spending time with her friends.