This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

It’s finals season! As we gear up for those unfairly long exams and papers, there are certain spots around campus where you’re sure to find some of our Her Campus writers. Here are our favorite study spots on the Connecticut College Campus:

It is difficult to choose just one of my favorite study spots on campus. I have many that I love for different reasons. If I had to recommend only one, it would have to be the third floor of Blaustein. I adore the quiet and calm atmosphere of the humanities building, with three beautiful tables spread out and an assortment of couches and chairs. This floor is not often crowded, making it the perfect building to find a place to work during midterms and finals. Located centrally on campus, Blaustein is close to two amazing coffee shops, which are fantastic to get a latte from on a long study day. The printer is another main reason why I loved to study here—you can do it all in one place! If you’re looking for some more variety in your study spots on campus try the third floor of Blaustein.

-Dalia Kaplan ‘24

My favorite study spot is a little unconventional…. It’s the floor! You spend so much of your learning and homework time at a desk, so it can be nice to switch it up and sit (or lay on your stomach) on the floor. The floor is less spatially restrictive than a desk, you can really lay out all of your papers, notebooks, and pens without worry. The only issue is, if you’re tired, it can be pretty easy to fall asleep on the ground! 

-Kendall Foley ‘24

While I like to work by myself in the library or a coffee shop, I think one of the best places to study as a group on campus is New London Hall. In the past during finals or on a stressful weekend, my friends and I have taken one of the classrooms (which also have great views through the windows) and worked at the desks together. I’ve found that the New London Hall classrooms are very peaceful, and it’s helpful to have the printer in the building nearby and be able to write on the chalkboards together. I highly recommend taking advantage of these classroom spaces if you want to escape the library and be able to sit with your friends comfortably. 

-Maria Sell ‘23 

Dalia Kaplan

Conn Coll '24

Dalia is a sophomore at Connecticut College, originally from Manhattan, New York. She is majoring in Human Development and Psychology. Dalia loves reading, baking, hiking and hanging out with friends!
Maria Sell

Conn Coll '23

Maria (she/her/hers) is a senior at Connecticut College studying American Studies and Sociology and is from the San Francisco Bay Area. She loves getting to play on the Women's Water Polo Team with her teammates here and enjoys reading, baking, and coaching water polo outside of school!