Gilmore Girls walking through Fall Festival
Warner Bros. Television
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

The best season has arrived, and as the air gets chillier and the leaves get crisper, it’s time to curl up under a pile of blankets and press play. Here are our favorite shows to watch in the fall:

If you’re looking for a new show to watch this fall, I cannot recommend Abbott Elementary enough!!! It’s the perfect time to binge the first season because it takes place in an elementary school and follows the chaos and hilarity of the students and teachers there in a mockumentary style. Season 2 is now airing on ABC, and we have a lot of great episodes to look forward to, especially with Quinta Brunson’s (Emmy Award winning!!!) comedy writing and all the cast’s incredible acting. 

• Maria Sell ‘23 

I know that I am not alone when I say that I love to rewatch Gilmore Girls in the fall. Gilmore Girls is such a comfort show for me, and I enjoy putting it on in the background when I am doing random, mundane tasks like folding my laundry or getting ready in the morning. The show never fails to make me want to grab a big cup of coffee and go for a stroll through a small New England town on a fall day. If you haven’t seen Gilmore Girls yet, now is the perfect time to watch it! If you have already seen it, then I suggest you join me in rewatching it this fall.

• Sarah Hennig ‘24

New Girl will forever be my go-to comfort show for any season, and fall is no exception. The essence of the show is grounded in friendship that forms in an LA apartment with characters that you can’t help but love. There are plenty of fall-themed episodes filled with pumpkins, haunted houses, and holidays to get you in the seasonal mood. It is, truly, the perfect show to cozy up to with your pumpkin spice latte. 

• Sophie Zakin ‘24

Over The Garden Wall is both spooky and cozy. I’m sure many of us watched it as kids, but its ability to remain entertaining and mysterious even into adulthood makes it worth watching many times over. It’s the perfect show for those of us who want to get away from all the gore and horror. It’s got so many aspects of Pagan and American folklore threaded into its plots and score, which makes for a unique and gorgeous aesthetic. I am actively on a mission to make it mine. The show is short lived and can be finished in a few hours, but that does not stop it from making a magical impression. If the day is gray and your tea water is boiled, grab a blanket and dive in! 

• Maisie Higgins ‘26 

One of my absolute favorite comfort shows is Heartland! For those who haven’t heard of it, it’s a Canadian family-drama type show surrounding an extended family on a horse ranch in Alberta. The characters are all endearing in their own ways, the scenery is beautiful, and the storylines are predictable enough that you can watch and know things will turn out okay one way or another while still feeling the intensity of the moment! It is also currently fifteen seasons with the sixteenth in production (and most of them are on Netflix), so you have plenty of material! You do not have to like horses to like this show; it’s a really fun watch on a rainy day, and I promise the first episode is the saddest–don’t be put off by it! 

• Caroline Snyder ‘26
Lara is a senior at Connecticut College, where she is pursuing a double major in environmental studies and economics with a minor in dance. Her interests include choreography, sustainability, the performing arts, and conservation.
Maria Sell

Conn Coll '23

Maria (she/her/hers) is a senior at Connecticut College studying American Studies and Sociology and is from the San Francisco Bay Area. She loves getting to play on the Women's Water Polo Team with her teammates here and enjoys reading, baking, and coaching water polo outside of school!
Sarah Hennig

Conn Coll '24

Sarah Hennig is a junior at Conn who loves to read and write. She enjoys hiking, traveling, and spending time with her friends.
Sophie Zakin

Conn Coll '24

Sophie Zakin is a junior at Conn from Providence, Rhode Island. She is a sociology major with a concentration in fashion and an English minor. She enjoys writing about fashion, lifestyle, and food. In her free time, she loves to travel, spend time outside, and try new restaurants with friends.