This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Fall Weekend is a tradition on the Connecticut College campus that two whole classes (sophomores and first-years) experienced for the first time last weekend. The three days were filled to the brim with festivity, excitement, and school spirit. Here are a few of our favorite parts of the weekend:

1. Harvestfest

Although I am a sophomore, this year was my first Fall Weekend experience. My parents visited on Saturday, and we walked around campus, enjoying the beautiful weather. We stopped by Tempel Green to browse all of the fun and unique merchandise that clubs and organizations were selling at Harvestfest. It was so fun to walk around and say “hi” to a bunch of friends and meet everyone’s parents.  I also purchased a few items from some tables at Harvestfest. I bought a bucket hat from Club Rugby before they sold out, and a fleece lined water resistant blanket from Women’s Club Soccer. Overall, Harvestfest was very fun, and I am extremely happy with my purchases!

-Sarah Hennig ‘24

2.  Dogs

With the gorgeous fall weather and everyone out and about, Fall Weekend was the perfect time to meet people’s dogs! Families brought their dogs from home, and dogs that live on campus were out enjoying the greens and pathways. It was so fun to see new and old faces. I am a fan of my friend’s Shiba Inu, Matcha, especially, who you can follow on Instagram @matchatheshib! 

-Kendall Foley ‘24

3. Showing my Family Around Campus

As a sophomore whose first-year at Conn was smack in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic, there weren’t many chances for my parents to come visit and explore the campus that I call my home. It was so nice to have an excuse for a family visit, and I loved walking around and pointing out academic buildings, favorite study spots, and the best places to get coffee to my loved ones who haven’t been able to experience campus like I have. I can’t wait for next year!

-Lara Beckius ‘24

Sarah Hennig

Conn Coll '24

Sarah Hennig is a junior at Conn who loves to read and write. She enjoys hiking, traveling, and spending time with her friends.
Lara is a senior at Connecticut College, where she is pursuing a double major in environmental studies and economics with a minor in dance. Her interests include choreography, sustainability, the performing arts, and conservation.