This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

One of the best things about the fall season are the characteristic flavors and smells that seem inescapable as Halloween nears. From pumpkin to apple pie to cinnamon spice, we are huge fans of the sweets and treats that are prevalent this time of year. Here are some of our faves:

Personally, one of my favorite things to bake in the fall are pumpkin cookies! Call me basic, but I’m such a fan of anything pumpkin, and cookies are great because you can make them pretty small for a delicious, but not overly filling, treat. They’re easy to share, too! I am currently working on perfecting my dairy-free cookie recipes, and I am excited to attempt pumpkin ones when I go home over Thanksgiving!

• Caroline Snyder, ‘26

While fall is many things—foliage, crunching leaves, pumpkin patches, apple picking, Gilmore Girls—it can also be characterized by niche fall tastes. My fall favorites are everything pumpkin: pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies, and pumpkin iced drinks. Putting the pumpkin aside, I am also a big lover of the classic New England Apple Cider Donut. I have been an avid fan for over two years, and I don’t think I can ever go back. As you enjoy fall in all of your other senses, I encourage you to also taste the scrumptious flavors of the season as well. 

• Meredith Harper ‘24

My favorite fall treat is hands down the Dunkin’ Donuts pumpkin donuts. I look forward to these donuts every year and they are by far my favorite donut Dunkin’ has to offer. The pumpkin donut pairs perfectly with an iced pumpkin latte, which is my go to Dunkin’ order every fall. If you have not had one yet, I suggest you get one soon because they are seasonal and are no longer served when fall ends.

• Sarah Hennig ‘24
Sarah Hennig

Conn Coll '24

Sarah Hennig is a junior at Conn who loves to read and write. She enjoys hiking, traveling, and spending time with her friends.
Meredith Harper

Conn Coll '24

Meredith Harper is a junior at Connecticut College. She loves to write, listen to music, and hangout with friends.
Caroline Snyder is a sophomore at Connecticut College who is double majoring in English and Environmental Studies! She is also on the rowing team, runs events for Conn's Her Campus chapter, is on the education task force in the Office of Sexual Violence Prevention, and works in the college's archives, among other things. She loves writing, reading, her cat, dinosaurs, working out, and sustainability.