This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Halloweekend went out with a bang, and while some of us are still struggling to recover, we’re taking the time to reflect on all of the fun and memories. There were some incredible costume choices made this year, both here at Connecticut College and posted on social media. Here are some of the trends we noticed, plus some of our favorite, more unique, Halloween fits:

I really loved seeing how everyone dressed up both at Conn during our Halloweekend, and in different, fun social media posts. I definitely saw a lot of Vectors, Patrick Batemans, Scooby Doo Gangs, and fairies this year which are pretty standard Halloween trends. The new trends that really stuck out to me as creative and unique were people dressed as Mia Goth’s character Maxine from the 2022 thriller X, couple costumes from Don’t Worry Darling, and weirdly, a lot of Nicole Kidmans from her iconic AMC “Somehow, heartbreak feels good in a place like this” ad!

• Maria Sell ‘23 

I noticed a lot of fun costume trends this year! Personally, though, I loved a few of the more “out there” costumes! My favorite was definitely a friend of mines’ Magic 8 Ball outfit, as I thought that was so much fun and so unique! My favorite group trend would probably be Scooby Doo characters– I saw a lot of that, and people did it really well! 

• Caroline Snyder, ‘26

I, surprisingly, saw a lot of Dora costumes. A few friends of mine were Dora, and they wore orange shorts, a pink crop top, and a small backpack. This costume was simple, yet fun and it is one I would definitely consider doing myself because it is so easy to throw together! I also saw a lot of classic Halloween costumes like fairies, angels/devils, and princesses. Overall, everyone’s costumes were great, and I was very impressed with all the costumes I saw.

• Sarah Hennig ‘24
Maria Sell

Conn Coll '23

Maria (she/her/hers) is a senior at Connecticut College studying American Studies and Sociology and is from the San Francisco Bay Area. She loves getting to play on the Women's Water Polo Team with her teammates here and enjoys reading, baking, and coaching water polo outside of school!
Caroline Snyder is a sophomore at Connecticut College who is double majoring in English and Environmental Studies! She is also on the rowing team, runs events for Conn's Her Campus chapter, is on the education task force in the Office of Sexual Violence Prevention, and works in the college's archives, among other things. She loves writing, reading, her cat, dinosaurs, working out, and sustainability.
Sarah Hennig

Conn Coll '24

Sarah Hennig is a junior at Conn who loves to read and write. She enjoys hiking, traveling, and spending time with her friends.