Most Memorable Moments from Bridgerton Season Two

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Dear reader, 

If you are anything like me and adore period dramas, then chances are you recently binged watched season two of Bridgerton and have been in a perpetual state of awe ever since. Despite it not being the most accurate of period pieces, since its debut, Bridgerton has captured the attention and love of audiences everywhere. Season one was intense, steamy, and filled with drama. However, season two brought fans something a little different. Combining enemies to lovers, a slow burn, and will they, won’t they tropes created a refreshing and captivating love story that kept me at least glued to my laptop screen. This season was above and beyond the first in every way. I decided to break down my top five highlight moments from this season. And of course, be wary of spoilers ahead!

5.

Newton Stole the Show

From the promo photos I knew that season two would feature a new character, one that I was particularly excited to meet. Newton, a fairly large corgi, takes center stage as the Sharmas’ mischievous and spirited family dog. Even though we didn’t see as much of him as I would’ve liked, his presence always enhanced any given scene. The actor did a brilliant job.

4.

Haldi Ceremony

Seeing two South Asian women essentially lead this season of Bridgerton was amazing to see, most importantly when their culture was showcased in the show in such a beautiful way. The night before Edwina’s wedding the Sharma women take part in a Haldi ceremony, in which they put turmeric paste on Edwina’s arms and face in order to bless the newly married couple. This was such a stunning and intimate scene to watch, and definitely was a stand out moment for me.

3.

A Very Intense Game of Pall Mall

Pall Mall (which seems pretty much just like croquet to me) is a game the Bridgerton family perhaps gets a little competitive with. When the Sharma’s come to stay with them at their home in the countryside, the two families play together, a scene that ends up being fairly significant for the plot and character development. Aside from revealing much about the dynamics between the characters (especially when it comes to showcasing the chemistry between Anthony and Kate), it highlighted each character’s personality and spirit in a way we haven’t really seen before. 

2.

The Bridgerton/Sharma Family Ball Scene

In attempts to salvage their reputations in the wake of the ruined nuptials, the Bridgertons and Sharmas decide to throw a ball to convince the Ton that there is no scandal. However, no one ends up showing up, leading the two families to have their own dance in the ballroom. It ends up being a surprisingly sweet and heartwarming scene that really captures each character’s joy. They’re allowed to let loose and have fun and that energy radiates through the screen.

1.

That “Wrecking Ball” Scene

When I found out that “Wrecking Ball” by Miley Cyrus would be one of the orchestral arrangements this season I was skeptical. However, the climactic ball dance between Anthony and Kate in episode eight which features this song ended up being one of my absolute favorites. The tension and chemistry was through the roof and had me hanging onto every movement. Although, I will say that “Sign of the Times” remains to be my favorite string arrangement thus far.

This season raised the bar for the show, it was everything I wanted and more. I truly can’t stop thinking about it. I’m looking forward to seeing how the future seasons will develop! Until then:

Yours Truly,

Lady Whistledown

Hannah Grinnell

Conn Coll '24

Hi! My name is Hannah and I am currently a Sophomore at Connecticut College. I am planning on majoring in Environmental Studies.