Maria and Meredith’s Favorite Fall Drinks in New London

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

As the temperature starts to cool and the sweaters come out, the craving for a warm, tasty, fall drink exacerbates. Lucky for us, there are plenty of seasonal drink options on the Connecticut College campus and in the surrounding New London area. Here are a couple of our favorites: 

If you find yourself off campus and in downtown New London, one of the best coffee and lunch places nearby is the Washington Street Coffee House. This semester, my friends and I have ordered their Dirty Iced Chai Latte with Pumpkin, and I highly recommend you order one to get in the fall spirit!

-Maria Sell, ‘23 

Everyone wishes they could put fall in a cup and carry it around as an accessory to their autumnal aesthetic. Lucky for you, I have found this delicacy. Coffee Closet offers the most decadent drink that is reminiscent of foliage and fall: the Bees Knees. A combination of cinnamon and honey, this drink is an elevation and a sensation. While served both hot and cold, I suggest drinking it warm to combat the new staggering temperatures. I hope you all have a lovely fall (both the season and in the cup)! 

-Meredith Harper  ‘24

Maria Sell

Conn Coll '23

Maria (she/her/hers) is a senior at Connecticut College studying American Studies and Sociology and is from the San Francisco Bay Area. She loves getting to play on the Women's Water Polo Team with her teammates here and enjoys reading, baking, and coaching water polo outside of school!
Meredith Harper

Conn Coll '24

Meredith Harper is a junior at Connecticut College. She loves to write, listen to music, and hangout with friends.