Easy Halloween Recipes To Make In Your Dorm
When I think of Halloween my first thought is CANDY! Halloween (just like most of the other holidays) is a time of the year when one is excused from the norms of acting like a normal human being and is allowed to turn into a wild creature(whether we’re talking about eating or behavior). I like to take this holiday as an opportunity to try every candy sold in the ‘Halloween Treats’ aisles at Target. Why not?
At home, my sister and I would always attempt getting fancy by baking delicious Halloween goods to give out instead of the stereotypical candies that are usually handed out (because who needs another tootsie roll?). Living in a dorm and not having an oven makes it difficult for one to bake goods for others. After some intense research, I found some simple but fun recipes to make some Halloween treats to share with your friends.
Pretzel Rods (I prefer to use Wheat Thins Stix)
Meltable White Chocolate
Mini Chocolate Chips
1. Place the White Chocolate Baking Squares in a bowl and melt in the microwave
2. Once Chocolate is melted, stick the Pretzel Rod or Wheat Thin Stick in the White Chocolate
3. Set the Pretzel on parchment paper or aluminum foil and allow it to cool off for a minute
4. Place the Mini Chocolate Chips on the pretzel as ‘eyes’ and ‘mouths’ and then let them dry for 30 min.
Spooky Monster Oreos
Oreos (preferably the Halloween kind)
Candy Melts or Meltable Chocolate Candy Eye Balls
Parchment Paper/ Wax Paper or Aluminum Foil
1: Place the Candy Melts or Meltable Chocolate in a bowl and follow directions to melt in the microwave.
2. Dip the Oreos in the Melted Chocolate and place them on top of parchment paper or aluminum foil.
3. Place the eye candies on top of the Oreos as you please.
Keebler Fudge Stripes
Cookies Hershey’s Kisses
1. Place a Hershey’s Kiss on the bottom side of the cookie
2. Attach the Kiss by putting Icing around it 3. Let it dry for 30 min.