This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

This year, Halloween falls perfectly on a weekend. For us college students, that means multiple costumes and multiple nights out. Some costumes will be super quirky and original, while others will be seen six trillion times. Here are our predictions for the 2021 Halloween costume trends:

Although many of my friends disagree, I can’t shake the feeling that Pitbull is going to be a popular Halloween costume this year. As we all know, Mr. Worldwide has been there, done that, and I am going to be shocked if I don’t see a bunch of Pitbull’s walking around on Halloween. Not only is Pitbull a timely costume for pop culture, it is also fairly easy to execute.  If you have a bald cap, his iconic black aviators and a tux or suit jacket, you are all set. Only time will tell if my prediction is accurate, but I am going to be extremely disappointed if I missed the mark with this hunch.

-Sarah Hennig ‘24

Recent memes always seem to be Halloween costumes that become really popular, and this year I think the Little Lads are going to take over. The “Berries and Cream” audio that was all over TikTok this fall came along with such a bizarre visual that I think lots of people are going to recreate it. Bring in the iconic bobbed wig, a frilly collar, and some knee socks and you are good to go. I’m calling it now, none of us will ever want to hear that song again come Monday. 

-Caitlin Boyd ‘24

I have never seen a single episode of Squid Game, but I feel like I know absolutely everything about it simply because everyone is talking about the dramatic thriller. I can say with 100% certainty that there will be several green track suits, full-body pink outfits with shapes covering the face, and red-light-green-light dolls this weekend. Unfortunately, there’s no escape from this Netflix craze. 

-Lara Beckius ‘24

Sarah Hennig

Conn Coll '24

Sarah Hennig is a junior at Conn who loves to read and write. She enjoys hiking, traveling, and spending time with her friends.
Lara is a senior at Connecticut College, where she is pursuing a double major in environmental studies and economics with a minor in dance. Her interests include choreography, sustainability, the performing arts, and conservation.
Caitlin Boyd

Conn Coll '24

Caitlin Boyd is a junior at Connecticut College studying neuroscience. She loves writing everything from book recs, to music reviews, to campus life experiences! If you see Caitlin around Conn, she is probably looking fascinated by the campus squirrels.