Fashion Week: New York to London to Milan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Fashion Week in New York, London, and Milan took place earlier this month and in order to follow all the glitz and glamour, many collegiates have been jet-setting all over the world–jet-setting through Instagram, Twitter, and Vogue.com of course! Unfortunately, we cannot all be Kendall Jenner casually sitting with Anna Wintour on a Sunday or looking as glamorous as Cara Delevingne walking down catwalks, but we all can dream!

Most of us at Her Campus have been guilty of following Fashion Week to find the special dress that we will wear to that fancy NYC ball we are all going to next fall (The invitations will be out soon, right?). Well, maybe we weren’t invited to that glam gala, but our alter egos were, so we have to plan for them! Sound like familiar inner-monologue? Check out some of our most favorite Fall 2014 Ready to Wear looks for our everyday-selves and for our alter egos who would totally have someplace to wear that outrageously perfect outfit:

Gucci

We would for sure be best dressed at any New Year’s bash in this black and white sparkly cocktail dress. However, the oversized pink coat would be better suited for the inner Mari in all of us who walks on campus strutting her feminine chic look.

Fendi

Dressing up jeans with patterns – it’s simple, we can do it – especially with this colorful geometric coat! We might not be as eager to stick it to the Polar Vortex with a huge fuzzy hood and Karl Lagerfeld doll; yet, our inner Clara would be forever warm and well-dressed walking outside in this black coat.

Oscar de la Renta

The normal college girl might choose to wear these two lovely pieces apart such as wearing the comfy sweater with jeans or leggings to class and sporting the floral skirt with a crisp button down for a formal interview, but our inner Nina is a risk taker. Nina would rock the complete first look to a lunch date and the spectacular dress and fur vest for dinner with the beau.

Michael Kors

The Bridget in all of us would throw on the gray maxi mink without a second thought to walk across the green. In reality, we’d feel more comfortable to wrap around a small fur scarf over a neutral patterned frock.

Prada

We all have that one sizzling red piece in our closets to be the ‘Lady in Red’ for a night. We may not pull it out all the time, but when we do, it could be this Prada piece with an added belt. Red, gold, and fur though? The trio may only be the right fit for the Olivia in us who wants to have a sassy and very chic evening.

Max Mara

Max Mara is made for our Madeline. Madeline pulls off that oversize camel coat while picking up coffee with ease. She doesn’t know who anyone is, but everyone knows Madeline. When Madeline isn’t so out in the forefront, we would be happy to wear the monochromatic cardigan and pencil skirt ensemble.

Fausto Puglisi

The Naomi in us is stuck in a M. C. Escher drawing and can’t get out. That’s why Fausto Puglisi’s geometric prints are perfect for her. A full skirt with diamond hues always makes her the hottest girl at the party! However, perhaps a bit more subdued glittery skirt would be more fitting for hitting the club.

Burberry Prorsum

We can all pull off this everyday elevated sundress. The pretty design adds fun to a day of shopping with the girls. Athena, our true inner goddess, will take the look one step further. She goes shopping in a low-cut, billowing dress with an added scarf that seems to always be whipping in the wind.

Dolce & Gabbana

Two dresses, both alike in florality, on the runways of Dolce & Gabbana where we lay our scene. The mini dress with its dark hues and fun flowers would be the perfect look to rock tomorrow night, but the gown will have to wait until the diva Audriana comes out in us. Only a true diva could work this piece!

Julia is a senior who loves writing for Conn's Her Campus chapter! While she is studying economics and environmental studies, she is also interested in fashion and beauty. Her Campus has allowed Julia to incorporate these personal interests into her weekly schedule.
Her Campus Conn Coll