This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Harris Dining Hall: can’t live with it, can’t live without it. The dining hall is a place to socialize, procrastinate and, most importantly, refuel. Whether you find yourself in Harris two, three or more times a day, there’s bound to be room on your plate for creativity. Here are some original and delicious ways to add some variety to your Harris experience. 

“The Creation” 

You’ll need…

-Eureka! Bread toasted to perfection (or rice cake, if you must)

-Smooth PB

-Drizzle of honey 

-Sliced banana

If you’re one of the lucky few to grab a banana while the supplies last, be sure to make this recipe.  

Modern PB&J

You’ll need…

-Pretzels

-Smooth PB

-Raspberry jelly

Dip you’re pretzels into the peanut butter and jelly respectively and enjoy a miniature version of an old school classic. 

Cereal with a twist. 

You’ll need…

-Nature Valley cereal (or any kind of cereal, really)

-Chocolate milk 

The OG grilled cheese

You’ll need…

-Toast of your liking

-Two eggs over medium 

-Slice of cheese of your liking (hint: provolone)

-Spinach

-Onions 

Head on over to the egg station to ask for this ingenious combo. They can make the whole thing for you! Plus, the crunch from the onions really ties the whole sandwich together. 

The DK Salad

You’ll need…

-Mixed greens

-Cucumbers

-Banana peppers

-Wasabi peas

-Almond slivers

-Chia seeds

-Wasabi and cucumber dressing

This is no ordinary Harris meal. Add toast with an egg over hard & cheese on the side and you’ve got yourself dinner. 

The MJ

You’ll need… 

-Biscuit

-Egg over medium 

-Provolone 

-Pesto-mayo

Toast your biscuit in a panini machine and leave the handle open so you don’t flatten the biscuit… add spinach if you’re craving some greens and you’re set to go.  

You’re welcome… Enjoy! 

Julie is a junior at Connecticut College from Montclair, New Jersey studying dance and psychology. She loves to share her passion for food with friends and family and has been on a life long quest to find the world's best slice of pizza. In her free time, Julie enjoys yoga and hopes to one day become a certified yoga instructor. 
Her Campus Conn Coll