Campus Cutie: Rachel Richard

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

A junior, transfer student from New Mexico, you may know her from club ice hockey, the Academic Resource Center, or just because she is one of the nicest people around. This absolute sweetheart is making a name for herself on and off the ice. Meet this week’s Campus Cutie Rachel Richard!

Hometown: Santa Fe, New Mexico                                                                                                                      
Major: Behavioral Neuroscience

Relationship Status: Single                                                                                                                                                      
Year: 2015

Extracurriculars: President, Captain, and player on the girls club ice hockey team; Student Advisor/Student worker at Academic Resource Center & Green Dot Grad 

Favorite Movie Quote: Great moments… are born from great opportunity. And that’s what you have here, tonight, boys. That’s what you’ve earned here tonight. One game. If we played ’em ten times, they might win nine. But not this game. Not tonight. Tonight, we skate with them. Tonight, we stay with them. And we shut them down because we can! Tonight, WE are the greatest hockey team in the world. You were born to be hockey players. Every one of you. And you were meant to be here tonight. This is your time. Their time is done. It’s over. I’m sick and tired of hearing about what a great hockey team the Soviets have. Screw ’em. This is your time. Now go out there and take it.” – Herb Brooks from The Miracle

Favorite food: Manicotti 

Describe yourself in 3 words: Caring, Passionate, Optimistic

What do you look for in a guy? Someone who makes me laugh.  Someone who is easy to talk to. Athletic. Tall. Handsome. Good to his mom.     

What is your dream job?  I want to work in a medical clinic in South America as a nurse and travel with doctors around the world to help cure people from all different backgrounds and lifestyles.

What is your spirit animal? Dolphin

Most played song on iTunes? Probably “Knee Deep” by Zac Brown Band – Love this song!

Whats your favorite thing about Conn? I love Conn! I transferred a little over a year and a half ago and I absolutely love it.  The people, the professors, the environment, the programs, and the campus are all what make it so appealing to me. I don’t know if I could think of one particular thing that I like about Conn, because I love it all so much!  

Favorite feature about yourself?  Everything :)

What is your favorite childhood memory?  Favorite childhood memory would have to be the summer before eighth grade when I went to North Carolina with my best friend and her mom.  We stayed in Chapel Hill for a few days and then went to Emerald Isle where we stayed in a beach house right on the beach, for the rest of the vacation.  Our first night on the beach, we found out that there was sea turtle nest right outside our beach house and that the turtles would be hatching within any day.  On our third night on the beach, we went to the nest and found a crowd of people around the nest.  After a few minutes there was a tiny little sea turtle that had made it to the surface.  Shortly after all his brothers and sisters followed him.  We watched them as they all worked there way down the trench in the sand (a man mad trench) into the ocean.  This was such an amazing experience and such a fun site to see.  We must have been out there for hours just observing little sea turtles hatching and then making their way to the ocean and being taking aboard by the waves.     

Most Embarrassing moment?  I once used a public display toilet in a hardware store. Top platform, center toilet…I was three years old.  

Celeb crush? Steven Amell from Arrow– he is absolutely adorable! :)

If you could be in any other place right now, where would it be and why? I would love to be in Greece mainly for the views, the food, the people, and the white washed buildings against the blue water.  

How do you feel about being this week’s Campus Cutie? It was a surprise, but I feel humbled. 

Caroline is a Senior at Connecticut College, studying Psychology and Art. From childhood, her dream has been to work in the fashion industry. This past Summer Caroline was fashion intern at Marie Claire magazine and most recently worked for BCBG, her all time favorite brand, for fashion week. When she isn't busy, Caroline loves to make art, read, go on adventures with friends, shop and curl up in yoga pants and a cozy sweater. After graduation, Caroline plans to return to New York City and continue to follow her passion in the fashion industry. Follow Caroline on Instagram at @carodacosta or on Pinterest at http://www.pinterest.com/sweetcarol1n3/boards/
Her Campus Conn Coll