This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Stop into Coffee Grounds to say hi to our newest Campus Celebrity, Adem Abrham! Adem loves fashion and also has a passion for science. On top of a killer fashion sense and smarts, Adem is incredibly involved in programs on and off campus. This week’s Campus Celebrity is truly inspirational and we’re lucky he offered up some truly insightful pieces of wisdom! Read on for all things Adem!!

Major: Biology: Cellular and Molecular, Pre-Med

Extracurricular Activities: SuperEgo Clothiers Brand Ambassador Executive, Housefellow of Katharine Blunt, Club Basketball, Science Leaders Program

Philosophy that college kids can relate to?

When I’m here, I wanna be there

When I’m there, I wanna be here

Favorite place on campus?

Coffee Grounds is one of my favorite places to be on campus. With its comfy chairs, homey environment and chill music, it is the perfect place to go when seeking clarity and alertness. The aura at Coffee Grounds is unmatched anywhere else on campus, not to mention they have the best coffee!

Where do you get your fashion inspiration from?

This one special issue of GQ with Chris Paul, point guard for the Los Angeles Clippers, on the front cover with his jean cuffed at the bottom wearing wing-tip shoes, a button up, tie and a blazer has been a great source of inspiration.

What’s your secret to making Harris work for four years?

I follow a few food savvy tumblr pages (foodfuck, food52, foodopia) that have inspired me to really be creative in Harris. Occasionally, these blogs show depictions of meals that can be made in Harris by using the panini machine or microwave.

As a graduating senior, what advice do you give to underclassmen?

Reality is constant change. Embrace change because then everything becomes so much easier.

What do you do if you ever have free time?

In my free time I typically hit the gym to de-stress and regroup. I am really into fashion so I spend some time on a few fashion blogs. I also like to read non-fiction books.  

What are your secrets to success?

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them. Success if going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm.

Best professor you’ve had at Conn?

I took Bioethics, a class offered every two years by the philosophy department, with professor Feldman. Professor Feldman is truly a brilliant man with a great sense of wit. I enjoyed this class more than any I’ve ever taken at Conn because of his ability to lead a class full of undergrad students as we debated topics such as abortion, apotemnophilia (sexual arousal based on one’s self as an amputee) and euthanasia.

Tell us about your summer internship experience! 

Two things people hate to hear are “you are going blind” or “you have cancer.” This past summer I had an internship at Mount Sinai hospital with a surgeon that performs complex surgeries on patients with bone cancers. I saw as the doctor, with a top of the world success rate, cleared patients of their malignant cancers sparing them from have to get their limbs amputated. I also prepared a surgical technique video, which granted me my first publication!

Where can we see you in the near future?

I have an offer for a job in finance lined up for my gap years before medical school. I will be working and volunteering at hospitals and conducting research on my own.

Dream job after that?

My dream job is to become a head surgeon at a hospital in the New York City area specializing in oncology. 

Her Campus Conn Coll