Best and Least Favorite Treats to Get While Trick-or-Treating!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Although we are college students, that hardly stops us from our yearly trick-or-treating endeavors! Here are our favorite and least favorite treats to scoop up in neighborhood doorways:

Personally, I love anything peanut butter! Reese’s may have to be my favorite—I never really get tired of them the way I do with things like caramel, as the flavor doesn’t feel overwhelming. My least favorite would have to be milk duds. I apologize to anyone who likes them, but they are just not good. Plain and simple. I have never had one that did not taste remarkably stale, and I am not one for things being stuck in my teeth, so they are a hard no from me.

• Caroline Snyder, ‘26

I think there are some funny but interesting candy debates that come up around Halloween when we’re all excited to get sweets, and I’d like to share my thoughts (that probably aren’t that controversial). Reese’s are much better than Butterfingers, Red Vines are elite compared to Twizzlers, any form of Almond Joy/Mounds bars are gross, and I don’t want them in my trick or treating bag. I prefer chocolate bars over fruity candy, and Candy Corn is actually good! 

• Maria Sell ‘23 

When I was younger and would go trick-or-treating around my neighborhood, I always scouted out the houses that gave out king-size candy bars. I especially loved the Hershey’s cookies ‘n’ creme chocolate bars, which were difficult to find. The jackpot, though, were houses that gave out nerd ropes. My friends and I searched for nerd ropes all night because not only were they delicious, they were so big! My least favorite candy that was handed out to me as a kid were tootsie rolls and laffy taffy. I don’t like candy that gets stuck in my teeth and is difficult to eat, which has been my experience with those candies.

• Sarah Hennig ‘24
Sarah Hennig

Conn Coll '24

Sarah Hennig is a junior at Conn who loves to read and write. She enjoys hiking, traveling, and spending time with her friends.
Maria Sell

Conn Coll '23

Maria (she/her/hers) is a senior at Connecticut College studying American Studies and Sociology and is from the San Francisco Bay Area. She loves getting to play on the Women's Water Polo Team with her teammates here and enjoys reading, baking, and coaching water polo outside of school!
Caroline Snyder is a sophomore at Connecticut College who is double majoring in English and Environmental Studies! She is also on the rowing team, runs events for Conn's Her Campus chapter, is on the education task force in the Office of Sexual Violence Prevention, and works in the college's archives, among other things. She loves writing, reading, her cat, dinosaurs, working out, and sustainability.